ARRGH!Tthey are starting already!!!!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...

Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination

You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    completed.

You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    are completed.

Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.

No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    this!?!?!?!

--
    John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

Tags:

2. Sorni

Sorni Guest

"ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...
    >
    > Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination
    >
    > You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    > completed.
    >
    > You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    > are completed.
    >
    > Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.
    >
    >
    > No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    > this!?!?!?!

Ya know, being a roofer ain't all THAT bad...

Bill "OK, I get the booze ban but why no exercise?" S.

3. Dave

Dave Guest

> Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...
    >
    >
    > You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    > completed.
    >
    > You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    > are completed.
    >
    > Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.
    >
    >
    > No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    > this!?!?!?!
    >
    >
    > --
    > John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm
    >

I take it that you're in the Land of the Free ?!!?... Ha!

4. J'M Sm'Th

J'M Sm'Th Guest

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > completed.
    >
    > are completed.
    >
    >
    > this!?!?!?!

No.

Spelling test.

--
    J'm

To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-

5. ClydesadaleMTB says:

<snip>

>No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    >this!?!?!?!

They want to see how you handle life-threatening stress, John.. ;-)

Steve

6. John Harlow

John Harlow Guest

> > No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after
    > > all this!?!?!?!
    >
    > No.
    >
    > Spelling test.

How much can you write in a little cup?

7. Nelson Binch

Nelson Binch Guest

| Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...
    |
    | Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination
    |
    | You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    | completed.
    |
    | You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    | are completed.
    |
    | Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.
    |
    |
    | No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    | this!?!?!?!

I think I like my new job better---

"I'm here."

"Okay, go in the back and start putting bikes together."

"What about the paperwork?"

"We'll do that when we write you a check next week."

Man I love wrenching. It took almost half a day to do the paperwork at Wally World.

---
    __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    http://intergalax.com

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.491 / Virus Database: 290 -
    Release Date: 6/18/2003

8. The Ogre

The Ogre Guest

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >

Have it done first thing in the AM?

> completed.

No biggie for me, but for you? Ouch.

> are completed.

I don't see a problem, Mountain Biking isn't an excercise program it's a lifestyle.

Good excuse to have your ride buddies get your bike off the roof rack
    :)

> this!?!?!?!

day until this ordeal is over.

-- The Ogre http://ogrehut.net

9. The Ogre wrote:
    >>No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    >>this!?!?!?!
    >
    >

> day until this ordeal is over.

do ALL the work, and we know _that_ ain't gonna happen.

--

10. Penny S.

Penny S. Guest

ClydesdaleMTB thoughtfully penned:
    > The Ogre wrote:
    >>> No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after
    >>> all this!?!?!?!
    >>
    >>

>> day until this ordeal is over.
    >

> her do ALL the work, and we know _that_ ain't gonna happen.

oh just ask nice. Remind her that payback is a good thing.

penny

11. Sorni

Sorni Guest

"Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ClydesdaleMTB says:
    >

> >do ALL the work, and we know _that_ ain't gonna happen.
    > >
    >
    > We do?

We do NOW.

Bill "damnedest (sp?) test for a cop I ever heard of" S.

12. Glenn Dowdy

Glenn Dowdy Guest

>
    >
    > completed.
    >
    > are completed.
    >
    >
    >
    > this!?!?!?!
    >
    Sorry, you got the incomplete packet. One last thing: Do NOT sleep between now (6/26) until after
    the lab test is completed. THEN you can take the
    psych test.

Glenn D.

13. The Ogre

The Ogre Guest

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > The Ogre wrote:
    > >>No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after
    > >>all this!?!?!?!
    > >
    > >

> > day until this ordeal is over.
    >

> do ALL the work, and we know _that_ ain't gonna happen.

only gave up food.

-- The Ogre

14. Glenn Dowdy wrote:

> Sorry, you got the incomplete packet. One last thing: Do NOT sleep between now (6/26) until after
    > the lab test is completed.

Don't worry, I have not gotten more than 2 hours of un-interrupted sleep since yesterday when I
    go the call.

>THEN you can take the psych test.

I was thinking of dropping some acid, after the blood test and before the physch.

--

15. Twisties

Twisties New Member

they want to see what you do when they tell you to give them a urine sample after not drinking anything for 8 hrs...

THEN they tell you that there is something wrong with you blader and they are gonna need to amputate your weiner....

stress tests these days...:rolleyes:

16. Clyde_in_tn

Clyde_in_tn Guest

"The Ogre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

And (of course) it is a GLORIOUS day here in Memhis today. Mid 70's, bright sun, clear blue skies,
    just PERFECT riding weater. I think I'll go get a galon f sweet tea and drive over to Shelby Farms
    and watch the kids at the BMX track for a while

17. Skokatt

Skokatt Guest

"Clyde_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

> And (of course) it is a GLORIOUS day here in Memhis today. Mid 70's, bright sun, clear blue skies,
    > just PERFECT riding weater. I think I'll go get a galon f sweet tea and drive over to Shelby Farms
    > and watch the kids at the BMX track for a while
    >
    >
    >

have they assigned you a patrol area yet? I'm in Memphis quite a bit, usually in the midtown and
    downtown areas... I'll be sure to keep an eye out for ya. especially when I'm leaving Beale St. ;)

--
    - Chris - www.skokatt.com

People say I'm cruel. But I have the heart of a small child. In a jar. On my desk.

18. "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >

Is that a deal breaker?

> completed.

Same question.

> are completed.

Oh, puleeze!

Yes, officer.

>
    > this!?!?!?!

Ruh-roh! Good luck.