ARRGH!Tthey are starting already!!!!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...

    Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination

    You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    completed.

    You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    are completed.

    Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.

    No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    this!?!?!?!

    --
    John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...
    >
    > Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination
    >
    > You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    > completed.
    >
    > You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    > are completed.
    >
    > Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.
    >

    > No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    > this!?!?!?!

    Ya know, being a roofer ain't all THAT bad...

    Bill "OK, I get the booze ban but why no exercise?" S.

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...
    >
    > Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination
    >
    > You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    > completed.
    >
    > You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    > are completed.
    >
    > Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.
    >

    > No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    > this!?!?!?!
    >

    > --
    > John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

    I take it that you're in the Land of the Free ?!!?... Ha!

  4. J'M Sm'Th

    J'M Sm'Th Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

    > Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...
    >
    > Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination
    >
    > You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    > completed.
    >
    > You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    > are completed.
    >
    > Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.
    >
    > No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    > this!?!?!?!

    No.

    Spelling test.

    --
    J'm

    To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-

  5. ClydesadaleMTB says:

    <snip>

    >No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    >this!?!?!?!

    They want to see how you handle life-threatening stress, John.. ;-)

    Steve

  6. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > > No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after
    > > all this!?!?!?!
    >
    > No.
    >
    > Spelling test.

    How much can you write in a little cup?

  7. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...
    |
    | Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination
    |
    | You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    | completed.
    |
    | You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    | are completed.
    |
    | Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.
    |

    | No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    | this!?!?!?!

    I think I like my new job better---

    "I'm here."

    "Okay, go in the back and start putting bikes together."

    "What about the paperwork?"

    "We'll do that when we write you a check next week."

    Man I love wrenching. It took almost half a day to do the paperwork at Wally World.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 6/18/2003

  8. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...
    >
    > Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination

    Have it done first thing in the AM?

    > You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    > completed.

    No biggie for me, but for you? Ouch.

    > You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    > are completed.

    I don't see a problem, Mountain Biking isn't an excercise program it's a lifestyle.

    > Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.

    Good excuse to have your ride buddies get your bike off the roof rack
    :)

    > No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    > this!?!?!?!

    day until this ordeal is over.

    -- The Ogre http://ogrehut.net

  9. The Ogre wrote:
    >>No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    >>this!?!?!?!
    >

    > day until this ordeal is over.

    do ALL the work, and we know _that_ ain't gonna happen.

    --
    John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

  10. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB thoughtfully penned:
    > The Ogre wrote:
    >>> No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after
    >>> all this!?!?!?!
    >>

    >> day until this ordeal is over.
    >

    > her do ALL the work, and we know _that_ ain't gonna happen.

    oh just ask nice. Remind her that payback is a good thing.

    penny

  11. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > ClydesdaleMTB says:
    >

    > >do ALL the work, and we know _that_ ain't gonna happen.
    > >

    > We do?

    We do NOW.

    Bill "damnedest (sp?) test for a cop I ever heard of" S.

  12. Glenn Dowdy

    Glenn Dowdy Guest

    > Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...
    >
    > Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination
    >
    > You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    > completed.
    >
    > You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    > are completed.
    >
    > Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.
    >

    > No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    > this!?!?!?!

    Sorry, you got the incomplete packet. One last thing: Do NOT sleep between now (6/26) until after
    the lab test is completed. THEN you can take the
    psych test.

    Glenn D.

  13. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > The Ogre wrote:
    > >>No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after
    > >>all this!?!?!?!
    > >

    > > day until this ordeal is over.
    >

    > do ALL the work, and we know _that_ ain't gonna happen.

    only gave up food.

    -- The Ogre

  14. Glenn Dowdy wrote:

    > Sorry, you got the incomplete packet. One last thing: Do NOT sleep between now (6/26) until after
    > the lab test is completed.

    Don't worry, I have not gotten more than 2 hours of un-interrupted sleep since yesterday when I
    go the call.

    >THEN you can take the psych test.

    I was thinking of dropping some acid, after the blood test and before the physch.

    --
    John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

  15. Twisties

    Twisties New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    they want to see what you do when they tell you to give them a urine sample after not drinking anything for 8 hrs...

    THEN they tell you that there is something wrong with you blader and they are gonna need to amputate your weiner....

    stress tests these days...:rolleyes:

  16. Clyde_in_tn

    Clyde_in_tn Guest

    "The Ogre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    And (of course) it is a GLORIOUS day here in Memhis today. Mid 70's, bright sun, clear blue skies,
    just PERFECT riding weater. I think I'll go get a galon f sweet tea and drive over to Shelby Farms
    and watch the kids at the BMX track for a while

  17. Skokatt

    Skokatt Guest

    "Clyde_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > And (of course) it is a GLORIOUS day here in Memhis today. Mid 70's, bright sun, clear blue skies,
    > just PERFECT riding weater. I think I'll go get a galon f sweet tea and drive over to Shelby Farms
    > and watch the kids at the BMX track for a while

    have they assigned you a patrol area yet? I'm in Memphis quite a bit, usually in the midtown and
    downtown areas... I'll be sure to keep an eye out for ya. especially when I'm leaving Beale St. ;)

    --
    - Chris - www.skokatt.com
    _____________________________

    People say I'm cruel. But I have the heart of a small child. In a jar. On my desk.

  18. "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just got my employment packet in via Fed-Ex for my phisical/stress test, blood test on Monday...
    >
    > Check this out: You must fast for 8 hours prior to the Medical Examination

    Is that a deal breaker?

    > You must not comsume ANY alchoholic beverages from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are
    > completed.

    Same question.

    > You need to stop ALL excesize programs and be inactive from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests
    > are completed.

    Oh, puleeze!

    > Do NOT lift anything heavy lifting from now, (6/26) until after the lab tests are completed.

    Yes, officer.

    > No running, no riding, no drinking, no NOTHING... And they expect me to take a Pych test after all
    > this!?!?!?!

    Ruh-roh! Good luck.