Aussies @ Tour

haha this thread is hilarious. Keep it coming
smile.gif
but seriously i hope the aussies do well this year. It would be good/funny to see Kloden ride away from vino and steal the overall.

beached whale said:
haha this thread is hilarious. Keep it coming
smile.gif
but seriously i hope the aussies do well this year. It would be good/funny to see Kloden ride away from vino and steal the overall.

I think the Mick Rogers will have a good one this year, he will have a whole team to work for him unlike Cadel.

Evans (Pr-Lotto)
McEwen (Pr-Lotto)

Rogers (T-Mob)

O'Grady (CSC)

Lancaster (Milram)

Haussler (Gerolsteiner) lived 16 years of his life in Australia. We'll claim him.

Wiggins (Cofidis) - old man is Australian and he had the cycling talent and talented seed to knock up Wiggin's British Mum. All the Brits gave him was fried food.

Gerrans (Ag2r) 75%

Prince Harry Renshaw(C-A) 70%, 30% chance he gets blown up by an IED in Helmand province.

Davis is out again on the OP drug embroglio.

Hayman misses the squad for De Groot, Nierman and Flecha who are the Rabobank flat domestiques. Freire is their sprinter, they do not need Graeme de Bruijn.

He can come back to Australia and take up his Bakers Delight franchise at Parramatta Westfields.

Cooke and Wilson do not get an invite. Head between tails, back to Mark Madiot methinks.

Gatesie might get a spot at Predictor-Lotto truing wheels in the mechanics bus, and evaluating groupies at the door for Mcewen, and sorties to Burger King for Horner, or, Roi d'Hamburger as the French would say.

Bro Deal said:
Actually, I think it will go like this:

1) Vino
2) Klodi
3) Kash
4) Eddy M.
7) Savoldelli

Spots for 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 are up for grabs.
Okay! I got dibbs on 5th place.....Whoo hoo! Thanks. :D

lwedge said:
Okay! I got dibbs on 5th place.....Whoo hoo! Thanks. :D
You'll have to fight me for it. I'm waiting for most of the condenders to be thrown out before the start. If we can get that freakin' cyclingforums jersey going, we can enter a team. Helmut can be the preperatore. I hear he can bring the power like Scotty.

Bro Deal said:
You'll have to fight me for it. I'm waiting for most of the condenders to be thrown out before the start. If we can get that freakin' cyclingforums jersey going, we can enter a team. Helmut can be the preperatore. I hear he can bring the power like Scotty.
I've got asthma meds (two kinds) both with doctor's notes, and I can climb mountains without a triple - surely I'm in with a shout? :D

Cadel Evans has always been a puzzle to me.
He's a great talent - and has mostly finished top 10 in GT's.
But with his talent, I had expected him to have started to really challenge overall on GC.
Yet he hasn't.

limerickman said:
But with his talent, I had expected him to have started to really challenge overall on GC.
Yet he hasn't.
Surely you jest.

In light of rampant blood doping, plasma stockpiling, bovine-based synthetic products found in the USPO medical waste back in July 2000, Franchesco Conconi, Sandro Donati, CONI corruption, IOC corruption, UCI corruption, Michele Ferrari, Luigi Ceccechini, Carlo Santuccione, Bernard Saiz, Enrico Lazzaro, Inaki Arratibel and thirty years of watching endurance sport----you wonder why some riders adapt to doping and rip legs off rivals whilst others abandon the race with the stomach flu. (Hamilton, Danielson, Giannetti, Basso, Kelly, Team PDM)

Blood doping adds a lottery effect on results. Cadel Evans might very well win a TDF, then again he may expire mid-flight.

Tom Simpson's death was a precuser. A warning unheeded by the sponsors, promoters, sportwriters and fans alike. Mauro Gianetti nearly dies in May 1999 and spent 10 in the ICU pumping out his PFC (Peraflouracarbon) effluent.

limerickman said:
Yet he hasn't.

Yes he is puzzling, and being a fellow Melbournite I have followed his progress with interest. As an 80+ Y.O. cycling legend told me at a local crit, he needs to learn how to stay on him bike (too many falls). Personally I also think he needs more than raw talent. He needs a good tactical head, which will come. Did you see how he sprinted over the line on the Ventoux the other day? He's on very good form this year, prolly the best ever.

Eagle of Toledo said:
Yes he is puzzling, and being a fellow Melbournite I have followed his progress with interest. As an 80+ Y.O. cycling legend told me at a local crit, he needs to learn how to stay on him bike (too many falls). Personally I also think he needs more than raw talent. He needs a good tactical head, which will come. Did you see how he sprinted over the line on the Ventoux the other day? He's on very good form this year, prolly the best ever.
It wasn't Jack was it? Normally he'd add that the boy needs a good dose of track racing so can learn how to ride his bike properly.:D

classic1 said:
It wasn't Jack was it? Normally he'd add that the boy needs a good dose of track racing so can learn how to ride his bike properly.:D

'Twas indeed, and yes I think he did add something like that. :)

Eagle of Toledo said:

I agree, Eagle, about his needing to stay upright - he had a spate of crashes through 2002 - 2005.
I don't know how many times he's crooked his shoulder from falls.
But even with all of that he's still be a top 10 finisher in GT's.
He's been Mr.Consistent.

I'd like to see him podium because he's now in his prime and it's now that he has to start to deliver.
I saw Ventoux - and yes he's going well.

Doctor.House said:
Surely you jest.

In light of rampant blood doping, plasma stockpiling, bovine-based synthetic products found in the USPO medical waste back in July 2000, Franchesco Conconi, Sandro Donati, CONI corruption, IOC corruption, UCI corruption, Michele Ferrari, Luigi Ceccechini, Carlo Santuccione, Bernard Saiz, Enrico Lazzaro, Inaki Arratibel and thirty years of watching endurance sport----you wonder why some riders adapt to doping and rip legs off rivals whilst others abandon the race with the stomach flu. (Hamilton, Danielson, Giannetti, Basso, Kelly, Team PDM)

Blood doping adds a lottery effect on results. Cadel Evans might very well win a TDF, then again he may expire mid-flight.

Tom Simpson's death was a precuser. A warning unheeded by the sponsors, promoters, sportwriters and fans alike. Mauro Gianetti nearly dies in May 1999 and spent 10 in the ICU pumping out his PFC (Peraflouracarbon) effluent.
No rider will stand on a Tour de France podium within successful indocrine, blood and trauma doping medical help. That includes Aussies.

Dr. Cuddy and I were invited by Team Phonak last year but we had a conflict. Had we attended, Roid Landis would repeat his victory march next month.

Thanks for asking.

limerickman said:
I agree, Eagle, about his needing to stay upright - he had a spate of crashes through 2002 - 2005.
I don't know how many times he's crooked his shoulder from falls.
But even with all of that he's still be a top 10 finisher in GT's.
He's been Mr.Consistent.

I'd like to see him podium because he's now in his prime and it's now that he has to start to deliver.
I saw Ventoux - and yes he's going well.

Yes, that was another thing that puzzled me, being an ex-moutain biker I thought he was a better bike handler, but as you say Lim he does seem to have overcome all that. I love Robbie and no disrespect to the great Phil Anderson either, but I'm just glad we Aussies finally have someone who can really climb.

That little dash to the Ventoux finish line was very telling, a podium pos would be great, I hope his team supports him a little better this year too.

Eagle of Toledo said:
Yes, that was another thing that puzzled me, being an ex-moutain biker I thought he was a better bike handler, but as you say Lim he does seem to have overcome all that. I love Robbie and no disrespect to the great Phil Anderson either, but I'm just glad we Aussies finally have someone who can really climb.

That little dash to the Ventoux finish line was very telling, a podium pos would be great, I hope his team supports him a little better this year too.
I'n not sure he'll get the support, he certainly doesn't have any n the Dauphine.

Eagle of Toledo said:
Yes, that was another thing that puzzled me, being an ex-moutain biker I thought he was a better bike handler, but as you say Lim he does seem to have overcome all that.
Tommy D. is an ex-mountain bike racer also. His problem is that he has no clue where to ride in a peloton, how to position himself to conserve energy, and how to avoid being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe Evans has a similar problem. Of course, Evans has been doing this at a very high level a lot longer than Tommy D.; you would think he would have learned a lot more.

Evans simply is not good enough to win the Tour unless something significant changes. Either he has to step his performance up a notch or more contenders need to be removed for doping. A rider at his level could win the Vuelta or Giro. He should find a team that will support him for one of those GTs. It would be better to retire with a Giro win than a bunch of fifth place Tour finishes.