Austral Wheelrace

pase

Feb 3, 2005
Since track events rarely get the promotion they deserve, here is a heads-up that the Austral Wheelrace is on at Vodafone arena in melbourne this Sat. Tickets are $20 with lots of good racing, the infield bar and betting ring.

There is a cyclesport victoria website that someone will be nice enough to post for the rest of you.

Roll call for who is going?

pase said:
Since track events rarely get the promotion they deserve, here is a heads-up that the Austral Wheelrace is on at Vodafone arena in melbourne this Sat. Tickets are $20 with lots of good racing, the infield bar and betting ring.

There is a cyclesport victoria website that someone will be nice enough to post for the rest of you.

Roll call for who is going?
promoters are (caution under built web site minimal info) www.cyclistsinternational.com.au

cyclsport vic linkl is : http://www.vic.cycling.org.au/ ( minimal stuff up on site SO HERE IS:

Start List according to CI as of today:

Event 10. The 109th. AUSTRAL

Wheelrace Heats

8 laps – 2000m. First 3 into Final (Event 12)

(hmmm that looked terrible, I'll try and tidy up and post it later on...)

Hope this comes out ( it didn't!!) , its a pdf , I'll post it later, or somewhere else if any one wants it... let me know

going??.... could be tempted when I found out what else is on....a few bets and a boozer in the middle... looks like a train trip coming up... those Siemens thingys on the Sandy line better be working

> ::going??.... could be tempted when I found out what else is on....a
> few bets and a boozer in the middle... looks like a train trip coming
> up... those Siemens thingys on the Sandy line better be working::
>

If you want to get into to bar area in the infield make sure you get there
reasonably early as last year they had to stop people going in once it
filled up (this was about 10 minutes after I realised that you didn't need a
special ticket to get in and have a beer). I am going and I think I might
catch the train this year so that I can enjoy a few more ales than last
year.

Gags

START LIST: (race number, Rider, club, distance from scratch)
Heat 1

37Sean PontelandolfoBGO110

38Scott SittapalamBBN115

48Darren RodgersPRS130

57John ForrestACT145

68Damien SemmlerWNG165

73Stuart VaughanHAW170

78Ewin WilliamsBWK175

82Andrew WhiteNOR180

94Chris SimonelliQLD200

98Tim WatsonHAW210

99Michael BenhamCAR215

103Adam NicholsonBGO220

107John HuntCLC225

108Scott GavensFTY230

118Andrew LatreilleBWK235

111Peter GanssBWK240

117Ian MorwoodNSW245

Heat3

31Jake KingCAR105

39James SchneiderNSW115

52James GoddardBBN130

60Justin LeskeBGO145

62Dean StewartNOR150

65Tim BennettBGO155

70Craig RobertsonFTY170

75David MannA-W175

79Matthew SmithCBG185

87Ben KnightBGO190

93Daniel DohertyBWK210

97Peter SavageBBN215

101David MorelandBGO220

105Thomas HubertsSTK225

109Vivian McCarthyMAC230

112Greg LewisBGO235

113Laurie NaughtonBGO240

115Michael BurkePRS245

Heat5

9James LangedykGEE50

11Alexander JamesBWK65

15Tim DeckerBGO70

18Trevor GriffithsWNG85

25Max RainsfordCAR95

29Ben SandersCAR100

36Warren KnevittCAR120

42Toby DiteHAW130

55Russell CollinsHAW110

63Laurie NoonanBWK160

72Scott TownsendB-S165

76Oliver PhillipsBWK170

83Steven YoungGEE190

86Clive HickeyCHS195

89Corey ParkGEE200

90Brendan SaitBGO205

92Vaughan AllanBBN210

Heat 7

1Shane KellySGW Srcatch

2Steven RossendellTAS20

5Glenn O’SheaBGO35

119Brendon SharrattCBG45

10Adrian SansonettiNOR60

13Ken IchiyamaJPN75

20Jarrod MoroniBGO80

21Dean TaylorBSB85

23Toru YuasaJPN90

27Eddie WilsonBWK95

33Faizal NohMAS110

45Andrew StewartCBG125

49Michael DowningCAR130

51Wade WallaceCAR130

53Tom LeaperBBN140

59Steve MartinBBN140

Heat2

32Joel StewartACT110

44Ashley HardingBGO125

47Brad EdmundsE-M135

56James FitzgeraldGEE140

58Luke JonesGEE145

67Cory RobinsonWNG165

69Clint McDonellCAR170

74Lewis FulcherHOR175

80Michael VogtCAR180

91Troy SaitBGO200

95Luke GouldNT210

100Alan DudderidgeA-W220

104Martin TobinWNG225

106Luke PretloveARA230

110Michael GoldieCAR240

114Ray BoxGEE245

116Shane LoweBGO245

Heat 416Brendan SchultzHAM70

17Jamie CrassBGO80

22Steven SansonettiNOR90

26Darren KingCAR95

28Kyle MarwoodBGO100

35Leigh De LucaCAR120

43Joshua GundryBGO125

54Rohan McCaigBGO145

120Andrew CurtainSTK155

71Simon ShawCAR170

77Ryan PontelandolfoBGO175

41Jarrod AndersonCAR180

81Adam WebbB-S185

84Peter WalkerCAR190

85Matthew BishopCAR195

88Toby GlennonNOR200

96Garry PollackHAM215

102John SalterSHP220

Heat 6

3Todd WilkschHOR20

4Jobie DajkaSA25

6Daniel ThorsenSHP40

8Adrian HansonCBG50

12Gary MuellerBWK65

14Kazugae NagaeJPN65

19Peter JohnstoneCHS85

24Masahiro WatanabeJPN90

30Daniel VogelsWA95

34Edrus YunusMAS115

40Damion DrapacBWK125

46David CoultasCAR130

50Tim HuckerCAR130

61Graham CoullSTK150

64Lachlan RitchieBGO160

66Michael MaineTAS165

(phew...sorry this si so long...dang document was formatted by some one who loves columns and hates concatenation)

rooman said:
<snip> Could that not have done with a find/replace on carriage returns? :S

Unfortunately work and distance means I can't make the infield this year but I've got tickets to the Manchester World Cup instead. Yay!
In an sort-of related matter, you can win Zipps from FGF here: http://www.fixedgearfever.com/modules.php?name=Live&op=contest&race_id=2

hippy

hippy said:
rooman said:
<snip> Could that not have done with a find/replace on carriage returns? :S

Unfortunately work and distance means I can't make the infield this year but I've got tickets to the Manchester World Cup instead. Yay!
In an sort-of related matter, you can win Zipps from FGF here: http://www.fixedgearfever.com/modules.php?name=Live&op=contest&race_id=2

hippy

thanks for telling Australia about my new wheels dude! There are 5000 entries already!!!!! Some junior will probably will them, like the last comp run for LA World Cup. :p

Should be some great action happening in Manchester.

warrwych said:
thanks for telling Australia about my new wheels dude! There are 5000 entries already!!!!! Some junior will probably will them, like the last comp run for LA World Cup. :p
Should be some great action happening in Manchester.

I like the site. Figured he could do with some more publicity..
I wouldn't (couldn't) use those wheels anyway so if he hands 'em over to me in Manchester I'll let you have first dibs.. at the ebay auction :p
Actually, I wonder how much time I could take off my commute if I ran the Raleigh with Zipp tubs?! Mwuhahaha!! :D

If I get my butt into gear I'll take the big camera and try to remember how to use it.. only been 2 years since I last turned in on.. can DSLRs rust?

hippy

hippy said:
I like the site. Figured he could do with some more publicity..
I wouldn't (couldn't) use those wheels anyway so if he hands 'em over to me in Manchester I'll let you have first dibs.. at the ebay auction :p
Actually, I wonder how much time I could take off my commute if I ran the Raleigh with Zipp tubs?! Mwuhahaha!! :D

If I get my butt into gear I'll take the big camera and try to remember how to use it.. only been 2 years since I last turned in on.. can DSLRs rust?

hippy

It's a great site. I love it when the forum fires off and Andy Coggan gets into discussions with the others.

thanks for the offer of 1st dibs :p I'll remember you in my will, along with the cattery and retirement home for old horses :p

You only need to get your butt into 1 gear (and fixed) so just do it: we want pics!! we want pics! we want pics!!! :D

warrwych said:
It's a great site. I love it when the forum fires off and Andy Coggan gets into discussions with the others.

thanks for the offer of 1st dibs :p I'll remember you in my will, along with the cattery and retirement home for old horses :p

You only need to get your butt into 1 gear (and fixed) so just do it: we want pics!! we want pics! we want pics!!! :D

My boss will love you forever.. she has a horse. :)

I'll get some shots at Manch then.. I promise they will be of sufficiently low quality that little Jimmy with his phonecam will laugh at my efforts. I'm not sure how easy-going this lot are with roaming around, "away from one's seat, as it were". I'll test their security. I think FGF are going to do their 'live' podcasts from the 'drome again. I still have no idea about which Aussies are riding (if any).

hippy

hippy said:
My boss will love you forever.. she has a horse. :)

I'll get some shots at Manch then.. I promise they will be of sufficiently low quality that little Jimmy with his phonecam will laugh at my efforts. I'm not sure how easy-going this lot are with roaming around, "away from one's seat, as it were". I'll test their security. I think FGF are going to do their 'live' podcasts from the 'drome again. I still have no idea about which Aussies are riding (if any).

hippy

If your boss has a horse in the UK then she is getting paid HEAPS!! ;)

Put on your best Aussie accent whilst roaming around and I am sure you'll get off any terrorist charges.

From the CSV site, the following Vics are competing at Manchester:

Leigh Howard, Shane Perkins, Mark French, Mitchell Docker.

Not sure who else but I guess the usual suspects.

> warrwych
> If your boss has a horse in the UK then she is getting paid HEAPS!! ;)

Our company has assets of 14+ billion UKP - they share some of it with staff :) Her boss has three cars, three houses and wears £2000 suits...
I struggle to pay off my credit card.

> Put on your best Aussie accent whilst roaming around and I am sure you'll
> get off any terrorist charges.

I'm pretty sure I was the only one there shouting "AUSSIE!! GO AUSSIE!!"

> From the CSV site, the following Vics are competing at Manchester:
> Leigh Howard, Shane Perkins, Mark French, Mitchell Docker.

Others: Ryan Bayley, Skye Lee Armstrong, Belinda Goss (loved the pink bar tape), Anna Meares and Kristine Bayley (who replaced Kerrie Meares I think), Ben Kersten, Scott Sunderland, Jack Bobridge, Daniel Ellis, Travis Meyer. Dunno about Brad McGee - he's in the program but I don't remember seeing him. The program was quite off in places though.

See above. :)

I took a stack of photos and as usual a stack of them are **** but that's what you get for not using your camera for 2 years, having cheap kit and standing up in the pleb area and not being within the "inner circle". I will probably post them to thehippy.net. Might even do it now..

hippy

hippy said:
> warrwych
> If your boss has a horse in the UK then she is getting paid HEAPS!! ;)

Our company has assets of 14+ billion UKP - they share some of it with staff :) Her boss has three cars, three houses and wears £2000 suits...
I struggle to pay off my credit card.

> Put on your best Aussie accent whilst roaming around and I am sure you'll
> get off any terrorist charges.

I'm pretty sure I was the only one there shouting "AUSSIE!! GO AUSSIE!!"

> From the CSV site, the following Vics are competing at Manchester:
> Leigh Howard, Shane Perkins, Mark French, Mitchell Docker.

Others: Ryan Bayley, Skye Lee Armstrong, Belinda Goss (loved the pink bar tape), Anna Meares and Kristine Bayley (who replaced Kerrie Meares I think), Ben Kersten, Scott Sunderland, Jack Bobridge, Daniel Ellis, Travis Meyer. Dunno about Brad McGee - he's in the program but I don't remember seeing him. The program was quite off in places though.

See above. :)

I took a stack of photos and as usual a stack of them are **** but that's what you get for not using your camera for 2 years, having cheap kit and standing up in the pleb area and not being within the "inner circle". I will probably post them to thehippy.net. Might even do it now..

hippy

Kerrie Meares hadn't posted time to be included in the team, which, from listening to Anna M on the FGF podcast was frustrating for Anna, who really wants not an Aust women's sprint team but a Meares women's sprint team ;)

Belinda needs pink bar tape to tell her white BT from the 100s of other white BTs on the racks. The pink tape held her in good stead, scoring 2 silver.

I think Brad McGee was there briefly??? Raced a heat at least I think.

Waiting patiently for your upload and glad to hear you were not arrested for wearing a large overcoat and taking photos :p

>Kerrie Meares hadn't posted time to be included in the team, which, from
> listening to Anna M on the FGF podcast was frustrating for Anna, who really
> wants not an Aust women's sprint team but a Meares women's sprint team ;)

Christine Bayley was Kerrie's replacement - is she related to Ryan Bayley?

> Belinda needs pink bar tape to tell her white BT from the 100s of other
> white BTs on the racks. The pink tape held her in good stead, scoring 2
> silver.

It looked cool. Stood out nicely.

> I think Brad McGee was there briefly??? Raced a heat at least I think.

I think he raced on Friday, the day I was *cough* working.

> Waiting patiently for your upload and glad to hear you were not arrested for > wearing a large overcoat and taking photos :p

My pics were sh1te on review (i'm sure I've done better before!). That link I posted on your blog with the Teschner has heaps of good shots from inside the track.

hippy