Bacchetta Giro and Touring

Dennis Patterso

Guest
Know I'm probably under-informed but haven't been able to find much info. Have put 500 miles on my
recently acquired Giro commuting and would like to outfit it for touring.

Would welcome comments about its real world suitability for multiple week touring, as well as
suggestions for racks, bags, kickstands, etc..

Dennis

I've done some on my Giro, IMO the "Gotta Have" is the underseat pannier rack. If you've ever toured
with underseat panniers you'll understand why. The bike handles like there is nothing there, except
for the added weight. I also have a cheapy luggage rack mounted on the back, basically to keep a
regular sized pannier hung off the back of the seat from rubbing the rear wheel. I think it is a
great bike for touring with the underseat rack. If you dont' already know about it, there is a yahoo
egroup Bacchetta_Bikes and you're welcome to join. Currently the message board topics are fast bike
related, but I expect that to change as the touring season nears :) Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent but
not Broken" owner/moderator Bacchetta_Bikes yahoo egroup

news:[email protected]...