Back to the upright for me

nget

New Member
Feb 24, 2004
This weekend ,what with the rain and wet roads, I took my Raleigh twenty folder out for a 6 mile spin. This bike has a brooks b-72 saddle and bars that let me sit straight up. It's not anywhere near as comfortable as the corsa but it didn't hurt to the point of making me angry either. I guess I'll always be a recumbent type of cyclist but now no longer afraid to jump on an upright if it is set up like my folder.
Mark the biker

nget wrote:
> This weekend ,what with the rain and wet roads, I took my Raleigh twenty
> folder out for a 6 mile spin. This bike has a brooks b-72 saddle and
> bars that let me sit straight up. It's not anywhere near as comfortable
> as the corsa but it didn't hurt to the point of making me angry either.
> I guess I'll always be a recumbent type of cyclist but now no longer
> afraid to jump on an upright if it is set up like my folder.

For a general hack-bike I use a Brompton folder. As with your R20, it's
not as comfy as the 'bent but if I'm not going far enough for that to be
a major issue then the much greater ease of deployment (pick up from
corner of room rather than go out to unlock garage), better security
options and being much nimbler through traffic add up to better
convenience, which means less pain in a different way...

The freight bike's an upwrong too. Though something like a Brox would
be better for /huge/ loads, the Burrows 8 Freight is again easier to
handle and deploy and much better through traffic.

But for touring I really don't have any great need calling me back from
a seat to a saddle!

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On 2007-02-19 08:40:58 +0000, Peter Clinch <[email protected]> said:

> nget wrote:
>> This weekend ,what with the rain and wet roads, I took my Raleigh twenty
>> folder out for a 6 mile spin. This bike has a brooks b-72 saddle and
>> bars that let me sit straight up. It's not anywhere near as comfortable
>> as the corsa but it didn't hurt to the point of making me angry either.
>> I guess I'll always be a recumbent type of cyclist but now no longer
>> afraid to jump on an upright if it is set up like my folder.

> For a general hack-bike I use a Brompton folder. As with your R20,
> it's not as comfy as the 'bent but if I'm not going far enough for that
> to be a major issue then the much greater ease of deployment (pick up
> from corner of room rather than go out to unlock garage), better
> security options and being much nimbler through traffic add up to
> better convenience, which means less pain in a different way...
>
> The freight bike's an upwrong too. Though something like a Brox would
> be better for /huge/ loads, the Burrows 8 Freight is again easier to
> handle and deploy and much better through traffic.
>
> But for touring I really don't have any great need calling me back from
> a seat to a saddle!
>
> Pete.

I have a Dahon folding MTB which gets used from time to time although I
will sell it before
long and get a smaller folder.
--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk

nget wrote:
:: This weekend ,what with the rain and wet roads, I took my Raleigh
:: twenty folder out for a 6 mile spin. This bike has a brooks b-72
:: saddle and bars that let me sit straight up. It's not anywhere near
:: as comfortable as the corsa but it didn't hurt to the point of
:: making me angry either. I guess I'll always be a recumbent type of
:: cyclist but now no longer afraid to jump on an upright if it is set
:: up like my folder.
:: Mark the biker
::
::
:: --
:: nget

Why does your e-mail address change so frequently?

Roger Zoul said:
nget wrote:
:: This weekend ,what with the rain and wet roads, I took my Raleigh
:: twenty folder out for a 6 mile spin. This bike has a brooks b-72
:: saddle and bars that let me sit straight up. It's not anywhere near
:: as comfortable as the corsa but it didn't hurt to the point of
:: making me angry either. I guess I'll always be a recumbent type of
:: cyclist but now no longer afraid to jump on an upright if it is set
:: up like my folder.
:: Mark the biker
::
::
:: --
:: nget

Why does your e-mail address change so frequently?

I have two places that I can post from to ARBR. One is under the name nget at cycling forums and the other is at google groups where I go by the name of Mark the biker. It's just like that.

Roger Zoul said:
nget wrote:

Why does your e-mail address change so frequently?

I do travel north to Alaska and use a friends computer while I'm there. It was so cold when I was there the seagulls were walking around the boat on bay ice.
Homer Alaska is a much better place to visit in the summer months.