back wheel probs

lennie123uk

Jan 27, 2006
Hey all first time user here.... i know what ure thinkin

I have a very dodgy back wheel i need to take the gears or cogs of the back wheel has any 1 got any ideas on how to do this or know of what tool i need to get thank you 4 your time lennie123uk:confused:

I have a very dodgy back wheel i need to take the gears or cogs of the back wheel has any 1 got any ideas on how to do this or know of what tool i need to get thank you 4 your time lennie123uk:confused:

you want to convert your mtb to a singlespeed, at the back at least.

take off the rear mech, throw it in the bin - spanner and/or allen key required
take off the rear shifters and cable and horse them in the bin also - allen key required
shorten your chain to the required length - chain tool required

thats it..

personally i would buy a new wheel instead, but thats just me being pedantic and old fashioned.

lennie123uk said:

you want to convert your mtb to a singlespeed, at the back at least.

take off the rear mech, throw it in the bin - spanner and/or allen key required
take off the rear shifters and cable and horse them in the bin also - allen key required
shorten your chain to the required length - chain tool required

thats it..

personally i would buy a new wheel instead, but thats just me being pedantic and old fashioned.

lennie123uk said: