On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:54:09 +0100, [email hidden] (Nick Kew)
() said:In article <[email hidden]>,
Whingin' Pom said:Currently negotiating with the Old Bill to get an exemption for this.
It's doable, but a bit of arseache to get one.
Tell us more. That could make *all the difference* as to whether
emigration is an option.
Well, simply put you go along to the copshop and ask about it. You
just need a good reason for it. Head too big, overheating, that sort
of thing. After a certain amount of persuasion, documentary evidence
may be called for, they'll issue you with a chit that exempts you from
helmet usage.
I'm going for the overheating option. I'm a big hairy bloke, my core
temp. is correspondingly high, so I chuck out a huge amount of heat
from my head. This means that climbing the huge hills around here
makes me cycle in a less safe fashion. Headaches, blurred vision, that
sort of thing.
If you make enough of a PITA of yourself in a polite fashion, they'll
give you one to shut you up.
It's not well publicized and I'm only at the initial stages right now,
but it is possible and I'm very hopeful. I'll post more as and when
stuff happens. Currently, I need a note from the doc. Then, we'll see.
--
Matt K.
"Chinese saying: "He who speak with forked tongue, not need
chopsticks.""