Best 20" front Tire to match Avocet Cross II on back

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by bentcruiser, Jun 4, 2003.

  1. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Anyone have any ideas?

    I run an Avocet Cross II on back. It is 90psi. My rims are Weinmann Zac-19 rims. Front wheel is a 20" (406). It is the one that I wish to replace.
    Riding: touring and club rides

    Derek

    Tags:

  2. John W

    John W Guest

    Try the Schwalbe Marathon 20 x 1.50. Great touring tire, max pressure 100
    psi and has a Kevlar belt. Very flat resistant.

    John

    "bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > I run an Avocet Cross II on back. It is 90psi. My rims are Weinmann Zac-19 rims. Front wheel is a
    > 20" (406). It is the one that I wish to replace. Riding: touring and club rides
    >

    > Derek

  3. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > I run an Avocet Cross II on back. It is 90psi. My rims are Weinmann Zac-19 rims. Front wheel is a
    > 20" (406). It is the one that I wish to replace. Riding: touring and club rides

    When it came time to replace the tires on my wife's Tour Easy, I put on a matched set of IRC's: 20 x
    1.25 Metro in front, 700 x 38C Metro Cross in the rear. They look nicer than the stock Primo
    front/Avocet Cross rear.

    Jeff

  4. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    I have seen the Metro. Nice tire. I do appreciate the idea of the response. But I do not really care if the tires match. I like the Cross II better than any tire I have owned. I do wish they made it in 20". Not for matching purposes but just to have that level of performance on the front too.

    Derek