Best 20" front Tire to match Avocet Cross II on back

bentcruiser

New Member
Apr 18, 2003
Anyone have any ideas?

I run an Avocet Cross II on back. It is 90psi. My rims are Weinmann Zac-19 rims. Front wheel is a 20" (406). It is the one that I wish to replace.
Riding: touring and club rides

Derek

Try the Schwalbe Marathon 20 x 1.50. Great touring tire, max pressure 100
psi and has a Kevlar belt. Very flat resistant.

John

"bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> I run an Avocet Cross II on back. It is 90psi. My rims are Weinmann Zac-19 rims. Front wheel is a
> 20" (406). It is the one that I wish to replace. Riding: touring and club rides
>

> Derek

bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> I run an Avocet Cross II on back. It is 90psi. My rims are Weinmann Zac-19 rims. Front wheel is a
> 20" (406). It is the one that I wish to replace. Riding: touring and club rides

When it came time to replace the tires on my wife's Tour Easy, I put on a matched set of IRC's: 20 x
1.25 Metro in front, 700 x 38C Metro Cross in the rear. They look nicer than the stock Primo
front/Avocet Cross rear.

Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Wills
When it came time to replace the tires on my wife's Tour Easy, I put on a matched set of IRC's: 20 x
1.25 Metro in front, 700 x 38C Metro Cross in the rear. They look nicer than the stock Primo front/Avocet Cross rear.

I have seen the Metro. Nice tire. I do appreciate the idea of the response. But I do not really care if the tires match. I like the Cross II better than any tire I have owned. I do wish they made it in 20". Not for matching purposes but just to have that level of performance on the front too.

Derek