Bianchi Coast to Coast

montana73

Dec 23, 2006
Hi,
I am a new rider, about 4 years. Only a couple centuries and group rides under my belt. My husband and I are Looking to get more serious and recently signed up for the crossroads ride from CA to MA. We have been riding Cannondale800 and 1000. The local bike shop, which i think is a good one, with my limited knowledge, carries higher end bikes I think. We are considering the Bianchi coast to coast to begin 18 weeks of training and do the 3400 miles on. can anyone advise on these bikes, and which components make sense? The 105, at about $2300 is as high as we wanted to go for a bike. Is the $2000 increase for Integra justified for our application? We are not racers and likely won't be. Just enjoy riding together and in groups, for commaraderie and safety's sake. Any input would be greatly appreciated since we moved to Austin where there are a lot more cyclists and we'd love to know more and get more involved.
Thanks so much

You should be fine on any bike, really...105 sounds great for what you want to do. Like you said, you're not racers...no need to spring for overpriced equipment.
\\

Yep, 105 would be more than enough for the purpose. As a matter of fact, 105 is considered to be the starting racer group and is quite durable without the weight reduction and bling of higher groups. It'll serve you very well. Going lower than 105 would not be a good idea if you plan to ride lots.