Bicycle Power

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:36:51 -0700, person wrote:

> On Jun 26, 11:54 am, terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:13:15 -0700, person wrote:
>> > No, I quoted the law.

>> Nope, you quoted an interpretation ofthe law written by an importer.

> No I quoted the 1959 Motor Vehicles Act.
> Try Again.

Well, perhaps you might like to post the URL to that, instead of the urlto
a vested interest, akaan importer.

Otherwise we are going to realise that you are just a scumbag sock puppet
for zbox.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 20:51:47 -0700, lemmiwinks.au wrote:

> I've got some photos around somewhere I can email you if you like? My
> mount was simply a piece of angle iron, 10mm RHS (later upgraded to
> 25mm angle) and two muffler U bolts.

Nope, that's fine, can work that out.

> Drove through a scavenged
> chainring fitted to the LH side of the BB spindle. The only vaguely
> tricky part was machining an adapter to fit a standard BMX freewheel
> to the motor drive shaft (though the motors come fitted with a 9 tooth
> non freewheeling sprocket which fits bicycle chain). I'm pretty sure
> that with some extra effort and some Cyclone parts (which I think are
> just tandem stoker parts) such a rig could be made to freewheel such
> that the motor could operate without the pedals turning like
> commercial kits.

What I initially want to do is power assist the front pair of wheels on a
trike, so all I'll need to worry about, for legal reasons, is sensing
that the chainwheel is being pedalled. Hmm. sensor in BB would be most
protected.

When it comes to assisting the rear wheel drive, I'm wondering if it isn't
easier to look at driving the rear wheel/hub by two chains. I have a old
double sided fixed(?) rear wheel hanging from the rafters in the
garage^h^h^h^h^h^hworkshop, which set me wondering. Either use the
7/6/5th cog on the cluster/cassete or braze an adapter for a cassette
cog on the other side. You'd probably need high flange hubs so you can
still change the spokes.

< And today's little moral quandry is whether I should further investgate
repairing the Kenwood mixer(mech fan dropped off motor spindle, rotor
cooked and 1c resistor blew) or work out how to build a PTO* to drive it
from a bicycle. Has this cool mechanism hidden in top. but I'm stumped
getting the plastic belt driver off the motor shaft >

* bingo, the old cheap angle grinder trick should suffice.