Bicycle riders will get more respect once they start obeying the laws that govern them.

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:38:39 -0500, "Curtis L. Russell"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>And as someone that HAS driven livestock trucks and driven a lot in
>livestock areas, you better be able to stop before hitting a grown piece of
>roaming livestock, especially a steer (or worse, a farmer checking the crops
>from the roadway at 5 mph). I've had to stop for at least one or the other
>in every state west of the Mississippi and a few states East (spent half an
>hour outside of Hutchinson, KS once trying to figure out what a stubborn
>steer was going to do next). And in the East there were all those pesky
>deer. People that overdrive their vision, headlights and/or brakes are
>idiots - in any state of the U.S. of A.
>
>Curtis L. Russell
>Odenton, MD (USA)

Odenton, MD? Last time I was there they still had 5 cent slot
machines..shows how old I am. :)

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yeah, that's right! When bicyclists adhere to the rules of the road
> here in NC, like they are supposed to, that is when you will probably
> see people be a bit more tolerant of them.

Well thanks for straightening us out on that one. Now, how do we get
drivers to do the same thing? Those 37 000 vehicular deaths a year on US
roads are a little embarrassing, don't you think.

Phil H

geoff wrote:

> Ok good, you have a worthy life goal, impede traffic and if a policeman
> should ccome, you can explain the law to him,

Been there done that three times. Each time they said, "Have a nice
day." Police officers are sometimes as misinformed as the general public.

So once again, bicycle drivers cannot impede traffic. We are traffic,
and we are allowed to go slow.

and like the other guy, kick
> his ass.
>
> Also, rather than write here, call the watch commander at the Cary police,
> call him an ignoramus, and tell him if a bicycle is impeding traffic, he can
> do nothing.
>
> Nice job.

I don't make the laws, I just cite them. If you, others of the public,
or police officers don't know them or can't understand them or
misinterpret them in some way, then I'll try to explain. If you all
persist in ignoring the laws as written and my careful explanations,
then ignoramus is an apt description.

Wayne

> Been there done that three times. Each time they said, "Have a nice day."

You mean he did not say, 'what an exciting life you have, impeding traffic
then telling off the public and the police'?

> I don't make the laws, I just cite them. If you, others of the public, or
> police officers don't know them or can't understand them or misinterpret
> them in some way, then I'll try to explain.

Now how did that happen, you got so smart and the Cary police so dumb?

Also, do not forget to kick their ass as the other guy said.

-g

geoff wrote:

>>Been there done that three times. Each time they said, "Have a nice day."

> You mean he did not say, 'what an exciting life you have, impeding traffic
> then telling off the public and the police'?
>

>>I don't make the laws, I just cite them. If you, others of the public, or
>>police officers don't know them or can't understand them or misinterpret
>>them in some way, then I'll try to explain.

> Now how did that happen, you got so smart and the Cary police so dumb?
>
> Also, do not forget to kick their ass as the other guy said.
>
> -g

I guess you are not going to cut your losses, but will continue to
display the hallmark of an ignoramus. Trust me, you should slink away
with your tail between your legs and live to fight another battle that
you know something about.

Have a bad day.

Wayne

"geoff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>> Been there done that three times. Each time they said, "Have a nice day."

> You mean he did not say, 'what an exciting life you have, impeding traffic
> then telling off the public and the police'?
>
>> I don't make the laws, I just cite them. If you, others of the public, or
>> police officers don't know them or can't understand them or misinterpret
>> them in some way, then I'll try to explain.

> Now how did that happen, you got so smart and the Cary police so dumb?
>
> Also, do not forget to kick their ass as the other guy said.

Maybe you haven't been in a courtroom recently to discover how often the
police are quite wrong.

But by all means tell us how the Cary police told you personally that a
pedestrian walking on the road when there's no sidewalk may be legally run
over.

We have a word for people like you here - dumbasses.

Tom Kunich wrote:

> We have a word for people like you here - dumbasses.

You have once again insulted the dumbasses of this, and every other,
newsgroup.

> I guess you are not going to cut your losses

Nope, no losses, you are such a moron, everyone is wrong but you are right,
correct?

.. . . but why post here when you could be outside impeding traffic, go for
it, your life must be so amazing.

-g

> But by all means tell us how the Cary police told you personally that a
> pedestrian walking on the road when there's no sidewalk may be legally run
> over.

Ok, I will, the Cary police did not tell me that and that is what is not
being discussed.

Join your buddy from here and go impede traffic. Such wonderful and
exciting people you all are and your life goals of impeding traffic.

-g

BTW, there are many people driving to work in the morning on roads like
Davis Drive, be sure to show up during rush hour and especially make sure to
impede motor vehicles. By 9 am, you can relax and think what a great
morning you had and you can look forward to the lunch and evening impedement
activities.

-g

Tom Kunich wrote:
> We have a word for people like you here - dumbasses.

I think you meant retards.

> I think you meant retards.

No, he knows everything, say you are sorry to him.

-g

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:%[email protected]...
>>
>> Unfortunately the statistics do not bear your assertion out:

> Then you shouldn't have any problem telling us your real name.

But the facts stand there for you to read and ponder with or without
my real name eh, Tom?

http://www.pedbikeinfo.org/pbcat/re...5=Yes&type=5&V_FIELD=FAULT&LVL=BIKE_A&PERSON=

There is no "us" Tom, it's just you and even if there was an "us" I
probably would not want to know them either. You are a well known
stalker and usenet PitA. Your passion for bicycles has overtaken
reason and you combative outlook on life has made you a bitter, angry
person with no soul.

Your other passion for airing your dirty laundry on usenet is also
something that I find de classe.

http://www.google.com/search?q=divorce+++"Tom+Kunich"&sa=N&tab=gw

http://www.cycletrack.net/parts/helmet/thread74.html

I have no intention of engaging the likes of you any further. plonk.

On yer bikes!

Sean Murphy
(Bemused poster on rec.heraldry)

On 2007-06-05, Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo> wrote:
> Here - I'll tell it like it is - kiss my ass. As the driver of 3500 lbs of
> steel moving at 40+ mph traffic laws are important and necessary. As the
> rider on a 20 lb bicycle without a shred of protection some ********** with
> a big mouth like yours ought to just say something like that to my face so
> that I can kick your ass for sure.

Uh last time I checked there were laws against assault also. Such an
act could land you in jail or being sued.

Both of you are a bit rabid and should read up on the appropriate laws
of the road and of unprovoked assault. Words do not justify an assault.

Now that you both have vented and had a good vowel movement I hope you
feel better, so kiss and make up.

I do get a bit irritated by slow moving vehicles two or more wheels, but
there are laws on how a faster vehicle driver must behave. It is part
of life. You two are just making it worse.

><[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Yeah, that's right! When bicyclists adhere to the rules of the road
>> here in NC, like they are supposed to, that is when you will probably
>> see people be a bit more tolerant of them.
>>
>> Running redlights, entering an intersection when already having a
>> yellow and the ability to stop, 30 in a 25 (oh yes, I ran across that
>> today here in Cary).
>>
>> You always hear these bicycle groups talking about how they are not
>> getting the proper respect on the road, but they don't mind breaking
>> the law themselves.
>>
>> And here is another clue for you bicycle riders in the Triangle part
>> of NC. When you have a sidewalk available to you why don't you use
>> it? Just remember that pedestrians have the right-of-way on
>> sidewalks, and that you will have to get off your bike and walk around
>> them. It won't hurt you so bad.....after all, you ARE out for
>> exercise, aren't you?
>>
>> Yeah...if there AIN'T a bikelane and there IS a sidewalk, how's about
>> pick it on up and off'n the road? The road is not one of those horse
>> and shield in an amphitheater things, you know what I mean vern?

[email protected] is a garbage address.

"me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> So sorry bicyclists, *you* are the cause of most of the motor
> vehicle/bicycle problems in this state (and I suspect most, if not all
> others). I think it would be prudent and reasonable to take stock of your
> behaviours and maybe buy some extra insurance based on these facts.

Try to combine the total picture. The stats include children and in the case
of children, the vast and practically all bike-car accidents are their
fault - beginning with that they can rarely make their own case anyway.

In collisions between adult cyclists and automobiles - and most people here
fall into that category - the statistics go the other way. Make it between
experienced club cyclists - a large number of the cyclists posting on the
bicycling threads - and motorists, the statistics are completely the other
direction.

I'm not surprised that you want to include children in your stats - no one
wants to feel left out...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:00:15 -0400, "me" <[email protected]> wrote:

>It occurs to me that some of the riders around here ride closer to
>each other than three feet apart. Often times they are leisurely
>riding two abreast down the road having a conversation when they are
>approached from behind (if I am driving, going below the posted speed)
>by a 4-6 ton truck towing a trailer. They probably do not realize that
>in some cases a truck like this does not slow from 50 to 5 mph quickly
>enough to not hit them. The only alternative then is to pass.

If you are driving your vehicle so fast that when you see an object in
the roadway you can't stop before hitting it, then you are driving too
fast.

Ya know ***** you are right about that one. plonk.

Sean J Murphy wrote:
> On yer bikes!
> Sean Murphy
> (Bemused poster on rec.heraldry)

You can design us a LIVEDRUNK(tm) coat of arms to put on the jersey.