Bicycles in Traffic Flow

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:19:25 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Some musings from a local personality who bought a Dawes Double Blue
>from us 36 years ago and has made sporadic attempts to ride it.
>
>http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/index.php?ntid=260769

Site says story is no longer available. Got a publish date or
headline?

Bob
Just another nice basic flake.
(and old fart in training)

International Pipe-raising Day, Feb. 20th

Andrew Muzi wrote:
> Some musings from a local personality who bought a Dawes Double Blue
> from us 36 years ago and has made sporadic attempts to ride it.
>
> http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/index.php?ntid=260769

Reading the WSJ [1]? Horrors!

Didn't Soglin used to ride out to Paoli on a semi-regular basis? At
least he does not smirk like another former mayor.

[1] Wisconsin State, not Wall Street.

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter

On Dec 7, 3:02 am, Bob Landry <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:19:25 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Some musings from a local personality who bought a Dawes Double Blue
> >from us 36 years ago and has made sporadic attempts to ride it.

> >http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/index.php?ntid=260769

> Site says story is no longer available. Got a publish date or
> headline?
>
> Bob
> Just another nice basic flake.
> (and old fart in training)
>
> International Pipe-raising Day, Feb. 20th

I think he's referring to this:
http://www.waxingamerica.com/2007/12/bicycling-madis.html

Bob Landry wrote:
> Site says story is no longer available. Got a publish date or
> headline?

It was forwarded to me yesterday. Try this:
http://www.madison.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36531
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

A Muzi wrote:
>> A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Some musings from a local personality who bought a Dawes Double Blue
>>> from us 36 years ago and has made sporadic attempts to ride it.
>>> http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/index.php?ntid=260769

> Bob Landry wrote:
>> Site says story is no longer available. Got a publish date or
>> headline?

> It was forwarded to me yesterday. Try this:
> http://www.madison.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36531

"While I congratulate people who use their bikes as a primary source of
transportation and have myself been that person, I still have to agree
with Soglin. When roads are treacherous due to ice and snow, bicyclists
risk life and limb as well as the safety of others."

What's the matter with these people? Don't they know that driving a car
in the ice an snow is dangerous?!

"I saw a bicyclist slipping and sliding down the middle of ***** St.
during busy traffic. I wanted to roll down my window and say, "Walk the
goddamn thing on the sidewalk before you kill yourself or someone else!""

I saw a car once slipping and sliding down the middle of Main Street
during busy traffic while I stood safely on the sidewalk. I wanted to
yell at the driver, "Get a horse before you kill yourself or someone else!"

vey wrote:
> I saw a car once slipping and sliding down the middle of Main Street
> during busy traffic while I stood safely on the sidewalk. I wanted to
> yell at the driver, "Get a horse before you kill yourself or someone else!"

My dad's little brother was killed by a runaway horse on the streets
of Butte, Montana back in the old days...no one was or is safe
anywhere, ever.
ABS

> What's the matter with these people? Don't they know that driving a car
> in the ice an snow is dangerous?!
>
> "I saw a bicyclist slipping and sliding down the middle of ***** St.
> during busy traffic. I wanted to roll down my window and say, "Walk the
> goddamn thing on the sidewalk before you kill yourself or someone else!""

are there nokians in 700 or do i have to go down to 650 to get them?

where could i educate myself about component groups for 650 bicycles?
i don;t want another Shimano Sora experience...

On 2007-12-07, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
>> What's the matter with these people? Don't they know that driving a car
>> in the ice an snow is dangerous?!
>>
>> "I saw a bicyclist slipping and sliding down the middle of ***** St.
>> during busy traffic. I wanted to roll down my window and say, "Walk the
>> goddamn thing on the sidewalk before you kill yourself or someone else!""
>>

> are there nokians in 700 or do i have to go down to 650 to get them?

Yes, if you've got the clearance:
<http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/studdedtires.asp> The A10, W106, and
W240 are all available in 700c.