Bike Cafe...name your poison!

rolfdevinci

Oct 5, 2003
Since we are in the cafe name your favorite hot beverage.....

...me......gotta love the java. I like black coffee with a hint of sugar but prefer mine with some coffee cream so it becomes that lovely mocha color.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :D

Recently got a French Press and find(thus far) that the Nabob regular grind makes an awesome cup of joe in the press.

FTR - I also enjoy tea...both black and green but coffee is definitely number one in my books.

Cafe is open........what`s brewing?

Make mine espresso; either French vanilla or hazelnut, black with sweetner. Tried the french press for a while, but went back to the espresso machine by Krupps.

At home tea - Russian Caravan, Assam, Kemung.

When I'm out, before and after a ride - Espresso.

Espresso in a bar down the street from my house in Rome. No sugar. No nothing except the coffee. :cool:

None of this mamsy-pansy French hazelnut, half decaf moca-choco beano. :p

Not coffee, not tea, Coca-Cola. I think they put crack in the stuff. I try to limit myself to 1 can/day.

L

Sorry, the words vanilla, hazelnut and sweetner, do not go with the word espresso. That's just the way it is. I strongly suggest that you take a look at unrefined sugar instead of sweetner (if possible). Phenyanalyne containing aspartame is not the the best dope in the world.

For me it is a longo Illy with hot milk. Sometimes I'll have a chai or a green tea instead.

rolfdevinci said:
Since we are in the cafe name your favorite hot beverage.....

...me......gotta love the java. I like black coffee with a hint of sugar but prefer mine with some coffee cream so it becomes that lovely mocha color.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :D

Recently got a French Press and find(thus far) that the Nabob regular grind makes an awesome cup of joe in the press.

FTR - I also enjoy tea...both black and green but coffee is definitely number one in my books.

Cafe is open........what`s brewing?

Since red wine is supposed to be really good for the health of your heart what´s wrong with a glass with your evening meal - especially with Italian food ( ps pizza doesn´t count as food :p )

el Inglés said:
Since red wine is supposed to be really good for the health of your heart what´s wrong with a glass with your evening meal - especially with Italian food ( ps pizza doesn´t count as food :p )

Nothing at all...(As Dev puts down the mug and picks up the wine glass) :D

Pizza not food.........but, but, but.......... :eek:

I like herbal teas. There are a lot of choices out there and they are really good for you.

My absolute favorite drink though is Coke. I am completely addicted to the stuff.

birdman23 said:
I like herbal teas. There are a lot of choices out there and they are really good for you.

My absolute favorite drink though is Coke. I am completely addicted to the stuff.

:eek: :eek: :eek: What? First you talk about things that are good for you and then state that you are addicted to Coke!? I realise that recognising the problem is the first step in addressing it, but why would you be addicted to Coca-Cola when there is espresso (Illy if possible, as another obviously refined and intelligent poster stated) and RED WINE! :p ;) :rolleyes:

Anyway, I admit it too. I am addicted to espresso, red wine, and an occasional glass of an excellent single malt (these are amongst life's best things). :)

Lol. I know Pete it is completely ironic. I know soda is completely unhealthy and full of empty calories but I love the stuff. I guess I try and counter balance it with other healthy eating habits. I choose Coke because I don't drink alcohol or coffee.

Powerful Pete said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: What? First you talk about things that are good for you and then state that you are addicted to Coke!? I realise that recognising the problem is the first step in addressing it, but why would you be addicted to Coca-Cola when there is espresso (Illy if possible, as another obviously refined and intelligent poster stated) and RED WINE! :p ;) :rolleyes:

Anyway, I admit it too. I am addicted to espresso, red wine, and an occasional glass of an excellent single malt (these are amongst life's best things). :)

None of this mamsy-pansy French hazelnut, half decaf moca-choco beano. :p[/QUOTE]

Nice. I agree with you on that one...

I like a good espresso made in a moka express. Stumptown coffee beans. Very tasty.

artmichalek said:
Straight black coffee or beer. Gritty McDuff's Black Fly Stout at the moment.

And just for birdman, scroll down to the bottom of this:
http://www.velonews.com/tour2003/gallery/articles/4659.0.html

LOL.....Coke certainly compliments the CSC colours anyway.

PS: the stuff is like high octane.....if I feel the possibility of a bonk coming on during the homeward stretch a can of cola and a Mars bar works wonders. Doesn`t last long but it`s enough to keep the legs spinning till I reach the driveway.

Cool pic tho!

A hot cup of joe for me in the morning. I picked up a brewing station just before Christmas and brew Yuban and when in town I stop at Starbuck's for some of their regular coffee with some half and half of course. ;)

Exactly Rolf. Sometimes it is just the right thing to get you to the finish.

rolfdevinci said:
LOL.....Coke certainly compliments the CSC colours anyway.

PS: the stuff is like high octane.....if I feel the possibility of a bonk coming on during the homeward stretch a can of cola and a Mars bar works wonders. Doesn`t last long but it`s enough to keep the legs spinning till I reach the driveway.

Cool pic tho!

Konig Ludwig wheat beer for me.....at breakfast though it will be coffee, at least 3 cups.

Doug