Buying my first bike/ cafe racer

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by jessy87, Jul 11, 2020.

1. jessy87

jessy87 New Member

Complete Noob here, take it easy on me. I am going to check out a 1976 Honda CB 750 tomorrow. I wanted to know what should I be looking for? The bike looks like it is in good shape, he said the only issue right now is a small leak between the engine and the pipes, which goes away after it warms up. He confirmed that the leak is in the exhaust no the engine. I am bringing a friend who knows about bikes and has two - he is also test driving it. Any help would be much appreciated. He is asking $2,500.00.

Tags:

2. dabac

dabac Well-Known Member

Hi,
    This site is about the other kind of bike. The human-powered, pedal-driven kind.
    While there may be people here who ride motorcycles too, I do believe you’d get more/better answers elsewhere.

3. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

If you don't mind my saying - that bike is older than a model T for what it is. No leak ANYWHERE would allow it to sell for that much money. Though the most likely place for it to leak is the exhaust gasket at the head. Most café riders now are FAR too careless and act like play-racers. I did the real thing for several years and seeing the way these people ride shows me that they don't have so much as a clue of what they're doing so be careful of any advice.