bike/golf.....

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Tomcat, Apr 7, 2003.

  1. Tomcat

    Tomcat Guest

    Hello, I have one week off 4/19---4/27 I want to cycle and golf. Cycle in the morning, golf in the
    afternoon ( when it is cheaper and less crowded ).

    Question;; where to go. I will be starting out on the Mass. NH border. If I set a driving limit of
    one full night ( 12-14 hours ) , where would you recommend heading too.

    Myrtle Beach? Virginia Beach? North Carolina? Maryland? Virginia? Points west?

    I'm looking for a compromise here. If the cycling isn't perfect, so be it. If the golf isn't
    perfect, so be it.

    One thing for sure ---------- I can't wait to get out of here. It keeps snowing and snowing. I
    haven't had my bike out but once. This is the worst winter I can ever remember.

    TomCAt ........ who is freezing in the snow as he looks at his bicycle and golf clubs in his
    living room.

    Tags:

  2. Amh

    Amh Guest

    "TomCAt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello, I have one week off 4/19---4/27 I want to cycle and golf. Cycle in the morning, golf in the
    > afternoon ( when it is cheaper and less crowded ).
    >
    > Question;; where to go. I will be starting out on the Mass. NH border. If I set a driving limit of
    > one full night ( 12-14 hours ) , where would you recommend heading too.
    >
    > Myrtle Beach? Virginia Beach? North Carolina? Maryland? Virginia? Points west?
    >
    > I'm looking for a compromise here. If the cycling isn't perfect, so be it. If the golf isn't
    > perfect, so be it.
    >
    > One thing for sure ---------- I can't wait to get out of here. It keeps snowing and snowing. I
    > haven't had my bike out but once. This is the worst winter I can ever remember.
    >
    > TomCAt ........ who is freezing in the snow as he looks at his bicycle and golf clubs in his
    > living room.

    Charlottesville VA.

    Don't know about the golf but the biking is excellent. With all the influx of yuppies over the past
    10 years there must be a golf course somewhere.

    Just wondering how you hook up your golf bag to your bike? BOB?

    Andy

  3. Tomcat

    Tomcat Guest

    "amh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "TomCAt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hello, I have one week off 4/19---4/27 I want to cycle and golf.
    Cycle
    > > in the morning, golf in the afternoon ( when it is cheaper and less crowded ).
    > >
    > > Question;; where to go. I will be starting out on the Mass. NH border.
    If
    > > I set a driving limit of one full night ( 12-14 hours ) , where would
    you
    > > recommend heading too.
    > >
    > > Myrtle Beach? Virginia Beach? North Carolina? Maryland? Virginia? Points west?
    > >
    > > I'm looking for a compromise here. If the cycling isn't perfect, so be
    it.
    > > If the golf isn't perfect, so be it.
    > >
    > > One thing for sure ---------- I can't wait to get out of here. It
    keeps
    > > snowing and snowing. I haven't had my bike out but once. This is the
    worst
    > > winter I can ever remember.
    > >
    > > TomCAt ........ who is freezing in the snow as he looks at his bicycle
    and
    > > golf clubs in his living room.
    >
    > Charlottesville VA.
    >
    > Don't know about the golf but the biking is excellent. With all the influx of yuppies over the
    > past 10 years there must be a golf course somewhere.
    >
    > Just wondering how you hook up your golf bag to your bike? BOB?
    >
    > Andy

    BOB trailer ......... of course. Put the clubs in, ride the bike, golf, ride the bike, golf.........
    life doesn't get better than that.

  4. Capri

    Capri Guest

    "TomCAt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello, I have one week off 4/19---4/27 I want to cycle and golf. Cycle in the morning, golf in the
    > afternoon ( when it is cheaper and less crowded ).
    >
    > Question;; where to go. I will be starting out on the Mass. NH border. If I set a driving limit of
    > one full night ( 12-14 hours ) , where would you recommend heading too.
    >
    > Myrtle Beach? Virginia Beach? North Carolina? Maryland? Virginia? Points west?
    >
    > I'm looking for a compromise here. If the cycling isn't perfect, so be it. If the golf isn't
    > perfect, so be it.
    >
    > One thing for sure ---------- I can't wait to get out of here. It keeps snowing and snowing. I
    > haven't had my bike out but once. This is the worst winter I can ever remember.
    >
    > TomCAt ........ who is freezing in the snow as he looks at his bicycle and golf clubs in his
    > living room.

    Yeah you guys are just getting creamed!

    I live in Jacksonville, Fla. The bicycling could be better, but you cant beat the golf. Probably
    pretty much at the edhge of you range

  5. Roy Zipris

    Roy Zipris Guest

    When I took my dream vacation to Scotland several years ago, I often saw people on bikes, golf bags
    slung across their backs. --Roy Zipris

  6. Amh

    Amh Guest

    > BOB trailer ......... of course. Put the clubs in, ride the bike, golf, ride the bike,
    > golf......... life doesn't get better than that.

    I live a mile or so from a golf course. I always wanted to figure out a way to hook up my pull
    cart to my bike. But I gave up the game before I did. That damn little white ball laughing at me,
    but I digress.

    I really enjoyed Bike Virginia when it was in the Charlottesville area. Some great scenery (Chimney
    Rock State Park, Blue Ridge Parkway). Staunton has a good cycling culture too.

    Enjoy wherever you go.

    Andy