Bike Station and Cat Eye cycle computers

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Keith, Apr 22, 2003.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Over Easter I visited Albury and called in to Full Cycle. If you are in the vicinity they are well
    worth a visit as they take cycling seriously. Among the tools, they have a full set of five or six
    lightweight spanners in 1mm gradations as well as the usual (surprisingly impractical) multi-tools -
    a simple but useful sign of their practical approach. Good range of cycle computers too. Among these
    was one called "Bike Station" which displays the four main data items simultaneously (ave speed,
    distance, current speed, elapsed time this trip) for only $40.00. I have searched for them on the
    WWW, but can't find any reference.

    Full Cycle also had a large range of Cat Eye cycle computers, but I have not found a web site that
    does a satisfactory job of comparing the different Cat Eye models - that is, does more than merely
    lists their features. Any ideas?

    Full Cycle have a rudimentary web site, but they are not really set up for sales over the internet;
    however, they are happy to do mail order.

    Keith

    Tags:

  2. justin_l_edward

    justin_l_edward New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2003
    Try www.mtbr.com - reviews of just about everything. I tend to use it before purchasing any parts for my bike.

    Cheers,

  3. Keith

    Keith Guest

    justin_l_edward ... wrote ...
    > Keith wrote:
    > > Full Cycle also had a large range of Cat Eye cycle computers, but I have not found a web site
    > > that does a satisfactory job of comparing the different Cat Eye models - that is, does more
    > > than merely lists their features. Any ideas?
    >

    > Try www.mtbr.com - reviews of just about everything. I tend to use it before purchasing any parts
    > for my bike.
    >
    > Cheers, J

    Nice site, but they didn't have to sort of comparisons I wanted: side-by-side - like the Polar
    people do with their heart rate monitors: full and open disclosure so I can make my own choice.
    mtbr.com haven't heard of the 'Bike Station' computer, either. Pity.