BNSW sells out

scotty72

New Member
Jul 10, 2005
Look below for the press release from the BNSW website

http://bicyclensw.org.au/

In summary - these hypocrites have decided to sell out to the organisation that banned cyclists from a key section of its road. A section that, despite it’s short length, does more to discourage cycling in Northern Sydney than pretty well anything I can recall.

The alternate is hilly, heavily trafficked and slip-shod at best and places cyclists in danger that was not present when we were on the motorway.

Not only is BNSW saying ‘stuff you’ to cyclists, they are going to promote these clowns on Sunrise. When next Transurban decide to chuck us off a motorway (eg M7, M2, M5 or M4) – BNSW will say nothing – cause Transurban will buy their silence.

Yet another example of a member based group turning its back on the members to line its own pockets.

Absolutely disgusting.

* NEWS *

Transurban Ride to Work Launch - 21 August
In celebration of the National Ride to Work Day we are having a launch at Martin Place on Tuesday 21st August and everyone is invited. So why not roll on down, the first 600 cyclists presenting their helmets get a delicious Bakers Delight Cheese & Tomato savoury as well as a Ribena 500ml Ready to drink beverage and start the day off on the right pedal!!

Channel 7’s Sunrise and the ABC’s Adam Spencer will be there to support the Transurban Ride to Work Launch and that’s not all, there will also be a bike bus cycling there with non other than our own favourite Mayor, Clover Moore, that’s right! So what excuse is there? Cycle on down from 06:30-9am and celebrate the power of the pedal

Also, don’t forget to bring along your business card and go into the draw to win 1 of 2 brand new Clarence Street Cyclery/Trek 7500 hybrid bike valued at $1200 each, perfect for the city commute!

Proudly supported by:

"scotty72" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Look below for the press release from the BNSW website
>
> http://bicyclensw.org.au/
>
> In summary - these hypocrites have decided to sell out to the
> organisation that banned cyclists from a key section of its road. A
> section that, despite it's short length, does more to discourage
> cycling in Northern Sydney than pretty well anything I can recall.
>
> The alternate is hilly, heavily trafficked and slip-shod at best and
> places cyclists in danger that was not present when we were on the
> motorway.
>

> Not only is BNSW saying 'stuff you' to cyclists, they are going to
> promote these clowns on Sunrise. When next Transurban decide to chuck
> us off a motorway (eg M7, M2, M5 or M4) - BNSW will say nothing - cause
> Transurban will buy their silence.
>

> Yet another example of a member based group turning its back on the
> members to line its own pockets.
>

> Absolutely disgusting.
>

> ** NEWS * *
>
> *Transurban Ride to Work Launch - 21 August*
> In celebration of the National Ride to Work Day we are having a launch
> at Martin Place on Tuesday 21st August and everyone is invited. So why
> not roll on down, the first 600 cyclists presenting their helmets get a
> delicious Bakers Delight Cheese & Tomato savoury as well as a Ribena
> 500ml Ready to drink beverage and start the day off on the right
> pedal!!
>
> Channel 7's Sunrise and the ABC's Adam Spencer will be there to
> support the Transurban Ride to Work Launch and that's not all, there
> will also be a bike bus cycling there with non other than our own
> favourite Mayor, Clover Moore, that's right! So what excuse is there?
> Cycle on down from 06:30-9am

> scotty72

Transurban sponsoring Ride to Work? Cant beleive it. But they are pretty big
on being green on their website - says they are one of the top sustainable
companies. Quote:
We develop, own and manage toll roads. In doing that, we value solutions
that:

a.. minimise resource and energy use
b.. anticipate environmental issues and manage them at the source
c.. improve the quality of air and water within the community
d.. provide protection for local habitats
e.. minimise impacts on ambient noise, visual and social amenity
f.. meet or go beyond regulatory requirements, and
g.. provide added environmental value to road projects through features
such as parklands, shared pathways and wetlands.
Maybe there should be a protest group down there at the launch with a few
banners. Get your bakers delight first tho.

fb

scotty72 said:
In celebration of the National Ride to Work Day we are having a launch at Martin Place on Tuesday 21st August and everyone is invited. So why not roll on down, the first 600 cyclists presenting their helmets get a delicious Bakers Delight Cheese & Tomato savoury as well as a Ribena 500ml Ready to drink beverage and start the day off on the right pedal!!

So effectively BNSW sold out for a Bakers Delight Cheese & Tomato savoury and a Ribena ready to go drink. Wow.

Certainly would be interesting to see on TV, cyclists protesting against other cyclists..... very sad, the power of money.

On Aug 16, 1:26 pm, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2ve...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

> So effectively BNSW sold out for a Bakers Delight Cheese & Tomato
> savoury and a Ribena ready to go drink. Wow.

Is that the Ribena with more Vitamin C than oranges, or the other one?

As far as I know, Bakers' Delight and Ribena (despite their little lies about Vitamin C) aren't hostile to cyclists.

I hope there is a huge anti BNSW swell. At least the public won't think that we support companies who hate us and put us onto dangerous alternate routes.

Scotty

scotty72 said:
As far as I know, Bakers' Delight and Ribena (despite their little lies about Vitamin C) aren't hostile to cyclists.

I hope there is a huge anti BNSW swell. At least the public won't think that we support companies who hate us and put us onto dangerous alternate routes.

Scotty

That sure looks odd to say the least.

You're right--unlike the other sponsors, that's one that will take some explaining (and/or spin-doctoring!)

On Aug 16, 3:54 pm, treadly&me <treadlyampme.2ve...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> scotty72 Wrote:
>
> > As far as I know, Bakers' Delight and Ribena (despite their little lies
> > about Vitamin C) aren't hostile to cyclists.

> > I hope there is a huge anti BNSW swell. At least the public won't think
> > that we support companies who hate us and put us onto dangerous
> > alternate routes.

> > Scotty

> That sure looks *odd* to say the least.
>
> You're right--unlike the other sponsors, that's one that will take some
> explaining (and/or spin-doctoring!)
>
> --
> treadly&me

yes...

"ride to work day" (just make sure its not on our roads)

On Aug 16, 3:42 pm, scotty72 <scotty72.2ve...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> As far as I know, Bakers' Delight and Ribena (despite their little lies
> about Vitamin C) aren't hostile to cyclists.

I've got no issues with BD, but Ribena after its fraud looks to be
trying to buy some good press. Same deal with TransUrban, really. I
hope BNSW sells its ethics for a high price.

Donga

MikeyOz wrote:
> scotty72 Wrote:

>> In celebration of the National Ride to Work Day we are having a
>> launch at Martin Place on Tuesday 21st August and everyone is
>> invited. So why not roll on down, the first 600 cyclists presenting
>> their helmets get a delicious Bakers Delight Cheese & Tomato savoury
>> as well as a Ribena 500ml Ready to drink beverage and start the day
>> off on the right pedal!!

> So effectively BNSW sold out for a Bakers Delight Cheese & Tomato
> savoury and a Ribena ready to go drink. Wow.

I suppose if they were giving out water, they would have sold out to
Perrier.

Or am I missing something here?

Theo

Donga said:
I've got no issues with BD

Well actually, I do have an issue with Bakers' Delight: they commit psychological torture on their staff. Have you ever gone to their counter on a busy Saturday morning and heard their sickly sweet jingle tune being piped out over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and... :eek:

I admire any of their counter staff who can make it through a shift without going loopy or screaming "Get that @#*&ing tune off the @#*&ing PA before I @#*&ing kill someone!"

Oh, hang on. Am I thinking of that the other bakery chain...?

scotty72 said:
As far as I know, Bakers' Delight and Ribena (despite their little lies about Vitamin C) aren't hostile to cyclists.
Scotty

I mean't seeing cyclists there lining up for their savoury and ribena while watching the other cyclists protesting against the ride to work day because they have closed down cycling on a road cyclists used to be able to use.

I wonder how many of the cyclists that attend it will actually know if that happened.... as suggested in a previous post, definately worthy of a leaflet handout.

Not sure if you have an actual point or you are just being your usual, contrary self.

Perrier, Bakers' Delight etc may have all gone to the dark side for one reason or another but, unlike TU, they are not (as far as I'm aware) specifically and moronically anti-cyclist.

TU sponsoring an cycling event is a bit like Michael Rusmussen sponsoring seminars on being honest.

Scotty

On 2007-08-16, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)

> scotty72 Wrote:
>> As far as I know, Bakers' Delight and Ribena (despite their little lies
>> about Vitamin C) aren't hostile to cyclists.
>> Scotty

> I mean't seeing cyclists there lining up for their savoury and ribena
> while watching the other cyclists protesting against the ride to work
> day because they have closed down cycling on a road cyclists used to be
> able to use.
>
> I wonder how many of the cyclists that attend it will actually know if
> that happened.... as suggested in a previous post, definately worthy of
> a leaflet handout.

Could be worth an impromptu talk when given the microphone on the
stage, with plenty of the public around, and of course TU's PR people
in the audience.

Anyone currently in BNSW's good books (and willing to sacrafice that
for the greater good) that they will happily hand the microphone over
to say some kind words about our sponsors and the great work we are
doing?

Just make sure you say all you need to say quickly enough that they
don't get to pull the plug and blame it on technical difficulties.

--
TimC
"This strongly suggests to me that perl is way out of hand,

scotty72 <[email protected]> wrote:

> Look below for the press release from the BNSW website
>
> http://bicyclensw.org.au/
>
> In summary - these hypocrites have decided to sell out to the organisation
> that banned cyclists from a key section of its road. A section that,
> despite it's short length, does more to discourage cycling in Northern
> Sydney than pretty well anything I can recall.
>
> The alternate is hilly, heavily trafficked and slip-shod at best and
> places cyclists in danger that was not present when we were on the
> motorway.
>

> Not only is BNSW saying stuff you' to cyclists, they are going to promote
> these clowns on Sunrise. When next Transurban decide to chuck us off a
> motorway (eg M7, M2, M5 or M4) BNSW will say nothing cause
> Transurban
> will buy their silence.
>

> Yet another example of a member based group turning its back on the
> members to line its own pockets.
>

> Absolutely disgusting.

One person with a placard would be able to successfully rain on that
parade. The media loves conflict so you'd be the one who they'd focus
on. You'd have to sound very rational and urbane to win the public over.

scotty72 wrote:

> Not sure if you have an actual point or you are just being your usual,
> contrary self.

The latter, probably.

> Perrier, Bakers' Delight etc may have all gone to the dark side for
> one reason or another but, unlike TU, they are not (as far as I'm
> aware) specifically and moronically anti-cyclist.
>
> TU sponsoring an cycling event is a bit like Michael Rusmussen
> sponsoring seminars on being honest.

Which do you think has the better effect of achieving peace and
understanding with your perceived enemies, getting together over a
"delicious Bakers Delight Cheese & Tomato", or waving placards and yelling?
Better still, don't enter into any kind of dialogue at all. That will
resolve your differences.

Theo

On Aug 16, 4:37 pm, [email protected] (Peter) wrote:
> One person with a placard would be able to successfully rain on that
> parade. The media loves conflict so you'd be the one who they'd focus
> on. You'd have to sound very rational and urbane to win the public over.

Trans-urbane?

sorry...

scotty72 wrote:

> Not only is BNSW saying ‘stuff you’ to cyclists, they are going to
> promote these clowns on Sunrise. When next Transurban decide to chuck
> us off a motorway (eg M7, M2, M5 or M4) – BNSW will say nothing – cause
> Transurban will buy their silence.

So what is new. BNSW was taken over by the career bicycle bureacrats a
few decades ago.