Bob Ibex or Bob Yak ... ???

vja4Him

Mar 17, 2008
Does anyone have experience with the Bob Ibex and/or Bob Yak ... ??? I've pretty much made up my mind to get one or the other for my Electra Townie.

I will use the Bob mostly for grocery shopping for myself and two boys. Will also use the Bob for camping several times a year.

Also, is there anyway that I can keep my full-length rear fender, and still connect the Bob, rather having to try and find a shorter fender?

Shimano said:
The bob ibex will be more confortable for your groceries:D but if you decide for the bob yak dont carry eggs.

once I had a bob Yak and worked quite well

keep riding!
http://www.rodandoenbaja.com

I was talking with my youngest boy (eleven) yesterday about which Bob I should get, and the subject of carrying eggs came up! It seems that having shocks should protect eggs and other breakables (jars) better.

vja4Him said:
I was talking with my youngest boy (eleven) yesterday about which Bob I should get, and the subject of carrying eggs came up! It seems that having shocks should protect eggs and other breakables (jars) better.
Well boys ... if eggs are well boiled, nothing to worry aboyt ... and ... I need the same trailer too ... but how to find it ... the closest shop with such trailers is in Viena ... 1000 km away from me ... some idea :confused: :confused: :confused:

borisBob said:
Well boys ... if eggs are well boiled, nothing to worry aboyt ... and ... I need the same trailer too ... but how to find it ... the closest shop with such trailers is in Viena ... 1000 km away from me ... some idea :confused: :confused: :confused:

Contact the company that makes the Bob trailers, and see if they will ship it closer to where you are.

By the way, when I mentioned eggs and glass jars with food, I was talking about when I go shopping on my bicycle ... not taking eggs or glass jars camping on my bike!

If I did take eggs camping, I would boil them first. And food that came in jars (like pickled garlic!!!, jelly, pickles, etc), I would transfer to plastic jars that sealed tightly.