Is there an official defintion for what constitutes a few showers ???

For example getting drenced between a 10 kilometre stretch of riding, does that constitute a shower ? To me it felt more like a downpour..... freaking... freaking!

It would not have been so bad, except it only happened about 30 minutes into a long ride....... Love Melbourne :)

On 2007-08-12, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)

> Is there an official defintion for what constitutes a few showers ???
>
> For example getting drenced between a 10 kilometre stretch of riding,
> does that constitute a shower ? To me it felt more like a
> downpour..... freaking... freaking!

Did you get as wet as you would in a shower?

QED. Teh enb.

--
TimC

MikeyOz wrote:
> Is there an official defintion for what constitutes a few showers ???
>
> For example getting drenced between a 10 kilometre stretch of riding,
> does that constitute a shower ? To me it felt more like a
> downpour..... freaking... freaking!
>
> It would not have been so bad, except it only happened about 30 minutes
> into a long ride....... Love Melbourne :)

Come on Mikey, you're in Melbourne. last week I was wondering what the
definition of Fine was. Two days I left home to the sounds of the
weather report saying today would be fine, and stepped out into rain. :(

DaveB

On Aug 13, 7:46 am, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2v8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Is there an official defintion for what constitutes a few showers ???
>
> For example getting drenced between a 10 kilometre stretch of riding,
> does that constitute a shower ? To me it felt more like a
> downpour..... freaking... freaking!
>
> It would not have been so bad, except it only happened about 30 minutes
> into a long ride....... Love Melbourne :)

http://www.bom.gov.au/lam/glossary/spagegl.shtml

"Showers
Precipitation, often short-lived (but may last half an hour) and
heavy, falling from convective clouds. Usually begin and end
suddenly."

sounds just like what you got :)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:46:29 +1000, MikeyOz wrote:

> For example getting drenced between a 10 kilometre stretch of riding,
> does that constitute a shower ? To me it felt more like a
> downpour..... freaking... freaking!

You're not properly drenched until your shoes squelch.

Duncan said:
"Showers
Precipitation, often short-lived (but may last half an hour) and
heavy, falling from convective clouds. Usually begin and end
suddenly."

Actually that is exactly what I got...!!! :)

I will have to pay more attention when they say showers from now on.

I got wetter than I would in the shower that is for sure.