General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

BOYCOTT ENTENMANN'S!

Started by Freedom Fighter · · Last activity · 25 posts · 1,210 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 April 2004
Last activity
27 April 2004
Original author
Freedom Fighter
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,210
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–25 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Freedom Fighter said:

    I require a low fat diet for medical reasons, and have
    often bought Entenmann's fat-free cakes. Suddenly, they are
    no longer on the store shelves!

    In their place has been pushed some new, highly unhealthy
    garbage - high fat content "low carb" cakes. Seems that
    it's cheaper, more profitable, to make cake with lard and
    other such [censored] that is responsible for thousands of
    premature deaths every year.

    Until they bring back the low fat cake, and at the same
    price as it was previously -

    BOYCOTT ENTENMANN'S!

    Wow, I never thought I'd see a even half-serious posting
    from you. But beneath it, you seem to have a very
    practical problem.

    Many businesses are jumping on the low-carb craze, whether
    it's good for your health or not. This is particularly true
    of big businesses, which don't care about the quality or
    contents of their product so long as it's safe (by FDA
    standards) and sells well.

    I haven't bought anything from Entenmann's in years. It's
    not that I have problems with their marketing practices. I
    simply think that their products are filled with cheap [censored].
    If I'm going to treat myself with something that isn't all
    that healthy, I want it to be a high-quality sort of
    unhealthy. 🙂 In moderation, of course.

    That brings me to my best suggestion: find a local bakery to
    patronize. If you live in NYC, there's still plenty of them
    out there. Most have good quality baked goods, and are run
    (hopefully) by people who know their product lines, and can
    direct you to coffee cakes that are made with a minimum
    amount of shortening or oil (the two biggest sources of fat
    in baked goods).

    Some large health food or organic groceries will also have
    in-house bakeries where they either bake or resell food that
    is designed to appeal to consumers with specific dietary
    requirements.

    Finally, if you have the time and a kitchen that's big
    enough for it (most are), try baking at home! Besides the
    pleasure of the aroma of fresh-baked cakes and breads in
    your home, and the security of knowing exactly what goes
    into the batter, it's a great chance to share something
    you've made with friends, family, or coworkers.

    I hope this info is helpful.

    --
    Gregory Pratt [email hidden] East Rutherford, NJ,
    USA (E-mail forwarded to /dev/null) "The only good spammer
    is a dead spammer." PGP Key Fingerprint: DC60 FCDE 91E2 3D41
    91A3 45DB B474 3D3A 3621 AAFE

  2. [email hidden] (Greg Pratt) wrote in
    <[email hidden]>:

    Quoted message said:

    That brings me to my best suggestion: find a local bakery
    to patronize. If you live in NYC, there's still plenty of
    them out there.

    Taylor's! Black Hound! Sweetheart on 8th Avenue just south
    of 14th street although that's a little uneven ...

    mmmm ... let's turn this into a favorite bakery thread.

    Hungrily,

    Roy remove "nospa" from Email address to reply

  3. In alt.health Roy Goodman said:

    mmmm ... let's turn this into a favorite bakery thread.

    Hmm, and how we manage to live healthily even knowing of a
    favorite bakery. Actually I don't have one. My own lamented
    bakery product is "real" apple strudel, which must be
    around somewhere but has vanished from my world with a deli
    on Ann St.

  4. "cycjec"<[email hidden]> wrote in news:Q8ohc.5$ri.2098@dfw-
    read.news.verio.net:

    Quoted message said:
    In alt.health Roy Goodman said:

    mmmm ... let's turn this into a favorite bakery thread.

    Hmm, and how we manage to live healthily even knowing of
    a favorite bakery. Actually I don't have one. My own
    lamented bakery product is "real" apple strudel, which
    must be around somewhere but has vanished from my world
    with a deli on Ann St.

    Well, you can go to a local bakery, but the ones I've seen
    have cakes that are 2 to 3 times the price of Entenmann's.
    3-5 dollars a SLICE...

  5. Doug Cunningly said:


    "cycjec"<[email hidden]> wrote in news:Q8ohc.5$ri.2098@dfw-
    read.news.verio.net:

    Quoted message said:

    In alt.health Roy Goodman <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    mmmm ... let's turn this into a favorite bakery thread.

    Hmm, and how we manage to live healthily even knowing
    of a favorite bakery. Actually I don't have one. My own
    lamented bakery product is "real" apple strudel, which
    must be around somewhere but has vanished from my world
    with a deli on Ann St.

    Well, you can go to a local bakery, but the ones I've seen
    have cakes that are 2 to 3 times the price of Entenmann's.
    3-5 dollars a SLICE...

    Cakes and pies are expensive to make on low volumes.

    Price out a few recipies and you will be shocked.

    Thats why I don't feel bad when I pay eight bucks for a
    freshly baked pie at my local French bakery.

    --

    bushflash.comthanks.html "Bubba got a
    blowjob, BU$H screwed us all!" - Slim
    worldmessenger.20m.comweapons.html
    George "The AWOL President" Bush:
    awolbush.comawolbush.com WHY IRAQ?:
    angelfire.comremindus.html
    toostupidtobepresident.comchick
    enhawks.htm

    VOTE HIM OUT! November 4, 2004

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.