I have a conference at home (Las Vegas) in a couple of weeks. I'll be
there an extra couple of days.
I've had the odd idea to bring the bicycle with me as transportation.
It's nothign spectalar; just for commuting a couple of miles each day.
A Trek 4300 or some such that was the back to school sale a couple of
years ago; fairly generic mountain bike with quick release front & back.
If I simply wrap it in a cardboard box, is it likely to survive? I've
seen the case, but they all cost more than the bicycle, which is close
to disposable . . .
A luggage would also have to be transported, which would be an issue.
If I could pack the bike this way, I could just pack in my old seabag
and wear it aas a backpack . . .
hawk
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
[email hidden] 111 Hiller (814) 375-4846 \ / against HTML mail
Find commentary on law, economics, and X and postings.
other issues of the day at dochawk.org! / \