Brings a tear to the eye

SuzieB

New Member
Oct 15, 2005
I have been following the adventures of Dale E Grind over at the BV forums with much amusement and pleasure. I don't want to spoil the story because it makes lovely reading and should remind those of us who got back on the bike later in life how we felt initially but Dale lost his licence and as a result has joined the seemingly ever growing band of commuting cyclists. Hopefully his tale will melt even the coldest heart. :)

http://www.bv.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=915

It also includes proof that one of us eats ALOT! :D

or is it that he eats his gear???

"I carry about ten kilos of gear (I eat a LOT of food!)"

SuzieB said:
I have been following the adventures of Dale E Grind over at the BV forums with much amusement and pleasure. I don't want to spoil the story because it makes lovely reading and should remind those of us who got back on the bike later in life how we felt initially but Dale lost his licence and as a result has joined the seemingly ever growing band of commuting cyclists. Hopefully his tale will melt even the coldest heart. :)

http://www.bv.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=915

That's a nice thing to read. I still occasionally get a strange sense of wonder that the world is going past at the rate it is simply because of my own muscle power. And I realy like cool crisp mornings...am I the only one actually looking forward to winter?

Resound wrote:
> of my own muscle power. And I realy like cool crisp mornings...am I the
> only one actually looking forward to winter?

Me too, I hate riding in the heat (anything above 20 degrees). By the
time I get home at night I'm totally stuffed. But in the Winter that
Melb cold really makes you feel alive. Besides need to try out my new
Uno vest :)

DaveB "winter, bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!"

On 2006-03-31, Resound (aka Bruce)
> That's a nice thing to read. I still occasionally get a strange sense
> of wonder that the world is going past at the rate it is simply because
> of my own muscle power. And I realy like cool crisp mornings...am I the
> only one actually looking forward to winter?

Nope, you all know I love winter too :)

Bring it on!

--
TimC
"I often hear people claim they perform skills better slightly drunk if

On 2006-03-31, DaveB (aka Bruce)
> Resound wrote:
>> of my own muscle power. And I realy like cool crisp mornings...am I the
>> only one actually looking forward to winter?

> Me too, I hate riding in the heat (anything above 20 degrees). By the
> time I get home at night I'm totally stuffed. But in the Winter that
> Melb cold really makes you feel alive. Besides need to try out my new
> Uno vest :)
>
> DaveB "winter, bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!"

I are you.

Scary, eh?

--
TimC
Is it because do me reconcile my life that I say perhaps your plans

Think I could become a Dale Fan. Anyone want to suggest he should get a blog?

cfsmtb said:
Think I could become a Dale Fan. Anyone want to suggest he should get a blog?

I've heard worse ideas. Has anyone pointed him at ab yet? I can't remember.

flyingdutch wrote:
> It also includes proof that one of us eats ALOT! :D
>
> or is it that he eats his gear???
>
> "I carry about ten kilos of gear (I eat a LOT of food!)"

I still haven't figured out if I eat to ride or ride to eat.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

On 31/03/06 at 15:24:33 DaveB somehow managed to type:

<snip>

****. It just makes you feel cold....

> DaveB "winter, bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!"

Sadly it's coming and there's nothing we can do about it except wait
until next summer....

<mutter, mutter, dressed up like - mutter, mutter, - bloody michelin
man, mutter, mutter, mutter more layers than a sarah lee cake, mutter,
mutter, mutter...>

--
Humbug
BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)

On 2006-04-01, Humbug (aka Bruce)
> On 31/03/06 at 15:24:33 DaveB somehow managed to type:
>
> <snip>
>
>> But in the Winter that Melb cold really makes you feel alive.

> ****. It just makes you feel cold....

Muhahahaha! I have to put up with people who go around all happy
happy joy joy in summer, so now it's my turn.

>> DaveB "winter, bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!"

> Sadly it's coming and there's nothing we can do about it except wait
> until next summer....

1:00pm, and it's 12 degrees. Sweeet! I love this time of the year.
Why the heck aren't I outside now?

--
TimC
"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'" -THHGTTG

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-04-01, Humbug (aka Bruce)
>
>>On 31/03/06 at 15:24:33 DaveB somehow managed to type:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>>But in the Winter that Melb cold really makes you feel alive.

>>****. It just makes you feel cold....

> Muhahahaha! I have to put up with people who go around all happy
> happy joy joy in summer, so now it's my turn.

It's always my turn. Rain, hail, snow or shine I'm always smiling on my
bicycle.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@