Brooks saddles

Bryan

New Member
May 1, 2003
Quick question for those in the know. Apart from £5 what is the difference between a Brooks professional and a Brooks team professional?

Bryan

Bryan wrote:
> Quick question for those in the know. Apart from £5 what is the
> difference between a Brooks professional and a Brooks team
> professional?

I don't know but this London shop stocks all the Brooks saddles that are
available in the UK and the website has a handy feature whereby you can
compare different models:
<URL:http://www.bicycleworkshop.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s134p0>

d.

in message <[email protected]>, Bryan
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Quick question for those in the know. Apart from £5 what is the
> difference between a Brooks professional and a Brooks team
> professional?

I *think* the professional is wider. Width is critical for comfort.
However, one of mine has the 'big' rivets and the other has the 'huge'
rivets (which look jolly nice particularly when I bother to polish
them) so possibly this is a 'team' professional. Mine are the same
width, and they're both stamped 'Brooks Professional'. Oh, and for me
they're very comfortable over any distance and over any terrain.

... a mild, inoffensive sadist...

Bryan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Quick question for those in the know. Apart from £5 what is the
> difference between a Brooks professional and a Brooks team
> professional?
>

> Bryan

Professional has small copper rivets, Team Professional has large
copper rivets. Team Professional is sometimes referred to as a deluxe
model as opposed to the standard Professional model. Not sure what
this actually translates too though.

Regards

TB

On 4/8/04 2:35 pm, in article
[email protected], "Simon Brooke"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Oh, and for me
> they're very comfortable over any distance and over any terrain.

I found my new B17 very nice except for the pothole by the kincardine bridge
where a literal interpretation of 'on the rivet' made itself known.

...d

I had the Team Pro (huge rivets). Did a few hundred miles with it and
applied liberal amounts of saddle oil but in the end it defeated me! Now
back on the San Marco Rolls.

news:[email protected]...