Budnitz Bicycles Titanium No. 2 Is A Really Good Time!

CaptainBlastoff

Sep 13, 2012
I've recently had a chance to borrow the Budnitz No. 2 Titanium for a couple of weeks and this thing is a blast to ride.

For starters, the design of the frame is beautiful. The titanium split tube is light, strong, elegant, and pretty bad-ass all at the same time. It's a great combination of classic design and futuristic rocketship materials and components.

I am in New York City, but since I like to ride both inside and out of the city, I chose to ride this No. 2 with the big Schwalbe Tires. This thing also has a 26" back wheel and 29" front so the combination of the size of the wheels and tires lets you roll over bumps and curbs and even dirt roads outside of the city. I was able to ride this on the cobblestones in Soho, out in The Hamptons and even up to Hudson County. My point is the combination of the ti frame and awesome wheels and tires makes this thing pretty versatile. I guess you could also change them out for snow tires, if you wanted to. It also has a Gates carbon drive and disc brakes so it can get dirty, wet, whatever.

If you look at this bike and think about all the details it's really amazing. You can see the lines of the frame. Like I said, it is fast and light. Budnitz also makes their own titanium seatposts, stems and handlebars. You have the option to have gears when you order from their site, but I didn't really need any being in and around New York....well maybe a couple times, but it was fine. It was good to push it once in a while.

The other details since I mentioned them are the Gates Carbon Belt Drive, Chris King Headsets, Schwalbe Tires, White Industries Hubs, etc, etc.

It was great. Here are a few more pics. Check out their website for the other bikes

BudnitzBicycles.com