[email hidden] wrote:
:: Jim Flom writes:
::
:::: Not at all. I suggest you build a few and then realize
:::: what it is you need or prefer. If you have the stuff, I
:::: can't say which parts you don't need but I'm not sure
:::: you have the best for your needs. Many truing stands
:::: have useless gimmicks that do no good and others are
:::: hard to use in the position you work in.
::
::: Have you ever thought about making Jobst Brandt Designer
::: wheeling building tools in cooperation with park or
::: someone? I bet you could make a whole bunch of money
::: making tools people can use.
::
:: The only tool I designed was the tensiometer shown in the
:: book and that instrument, built by Avocet, is "out of
:: print" because at the time few people saw a need for it
:: and those who used it did not appreciate the features it
:: had. It supports the spoke from the same side as the
:: measurement so spoke thickness does not enter the
:: measurement, it can be zeroed as it is applied to the
:: spoke to be measured, it uses ball bearing spoke support
:: so that cosine error of spoke deflection does not cause
:: frictional errors, it is a one handed instrument using a
:: high precision dial gauge so that the test load can be
:: small and not alter existing tension.
::
:: DT sold most of the production run before deciding to
:: make their own in Switzerland. Their instrument does not
:: encompass all of these features.
::
Sure sounds like opportunity to me, Jobst....