Hey Folks,
I'm sure that Bulltek is a reputable business, and Xavier is a nice guy and
all, but to think a rant should just be ignored is a mistake.
As someone who works in the Customer Service industry, I know that any
feedback (good or bad) should not be ignored. For every one 'rant' which
appears, there is probably 10 others who don't bother to speak up, and the
business owner may never be aware that his processes need to be reviewed,
and his representative evaluated. Turning a blind eye is always a mistake,
and will surely lead to lost revenue with each 'rant' that comes along.
I say this because I'm an example. I'll throw my two cents in, and let
others make their own decisions. Bulltek lost my business because of
incompetence and unprofessional behavior.
I attempted to purchase a pair of Maxxis cross tires which where advertised
before the holidays. I called and ordered by phone. The person was
unprofessional and rushed me off the phone but got my credit card info for
the order and assured me the order would be placed. Two weeks went by and
no tires. I had other tires for the cross races and life went on. My wife
decided she would look into it in order to purchase the tires as a Christmas
gift. She called, told the rep what happened with my order. (Keep in mind
I'm hearing about this after Christmas from my wife) My wife said the rep
was rude and unempathic to the situation, but stated would take the order
and make sure it's done this time. She agreed as she wanted to obtain the
gift for the holiday. Over a week later and no tires. She called and the
rep stated no order was placed. She declined to place another order.
Instead, she saw a Maxxis banner ad on a website a bought the tires from
Maxxis and had them in less than a week. She paid more than Bulltek, but
obviously price wasn't the issue. Trust and confidence was. And I got a
free Beenie to boot!
Looking back on the issue, I could take some responsibility in saying I
could have wrote down the name of the rep and went back to the manager. But
honestly I did not have time during the busy holidays to deal with the
issue. I want hassle-free shopping. Instead, I just took my business
elsewhere. If I wanted advice, I'd go to my LBS. Like most of you; when I
want a product, I search Google and view the newsgroups to find and purchase
it. The price took me to Bulltek, but their Customer Service drove me away
and lost my business.
And now I have the aniexty that my credit card info is out there, waiting to
be used inappropriately. The card was never charged, but to ease my
conscience I may cancel the card just to be sure.
I won't go as far as to say Bulltek sucks, but Xavier certainly needs to
review what's happening at the point of sale to ensure that customers are
satisfied, and prevent others from posting more 'rants'.
Scott
"Tim McNamara" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Morgan Fletcher said:Quoted message said:First, posting on this newsgroup won't help. You simply should ask
for the manager/owner and see what the problem is. Companies make
mistakes and they have been a great retailer for many years so it
could just be a simple issue. Posting here just aggravates the
situation and does nothing but hurt everyone's reputation.
Posting here helps the rest of us make informed decisions about
vendors.
Hard to make informed decisions based on rants.