Buying Cycling Shorts online

littlebiker

Sep 9, 2005
Hey guys,

I am able to find cycling shorts in India (where I live). I need to buy a good pair of cycling shorts 'coz riding without it can get really painful! I haven't tried one ever as I was never serious about cycling than I am today.

So now the only possible and quick option for me is to buy something online which ships to India. I understand it's difficult to buy one without trying it out but I am ready to take chances. Maybe, measures of my waist, thigh etc can help someone out there suggest me a probable size.

So, any suggestions as to which online store I can look into? Thank you!

PS: My Waist is about: 28"

One thing to be aware of is there are 2 types of sizing; US and Euro. The clothing sized in Euro dimensions are smaller; ie a Euro L short is more like a US M. Also, to further confuse the issue, is some mfgers have different standards. That being said with you 28 in waist I'd start with a small sized short.

A decent online retailer will have a liberal return policy (provided you haven't actually worn the shorts for a ride).

Many online retailers provide sizing charts that compare differences between brands that carry; such as:

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/help/sizingcharts.cfm

If the e-tailer that you choose to use does not, you still may be ablke to find a chart on a competitors site that covers the same brand. Unfortunately, there still is often a learning curve for these items as they do conform so closely to your body which is like no elses (unless you have an identical twin :rolleyes:)

try prendas.co.uk, biketiresdirect.com, or buy a cycling magazine and look at the ads. The advice on the sizing charts is highly adviseable. Sometimes, if you know your favorite brand, you can buy directly from them or the team website.

RocklinResident said:
Sometimes, if you know your favorite brand, you can buy directly from them or the team website.
Good call, I've never had a problem buying clothing brands i've used before - nalini knicks for example.

cheers