buying recomendation for clipless pedals

Specialized27

Aug 5, 2003
I was just trying to get some good tips on clipless pedals for a road bike. I am not sure how much I want to spend yet, but I just want some recomendations.

Originally posted by Specialized27
I was just trying to get some good tips on clipless pedals for a road bike. I am not sure how much I want to spend yet, but I just want some recomendations.

Can we get an idea of what type of road bike you have?

Also, do you have cycling shoes?

I am getting a Specialized allez sport 27 in about a week. Along with all my gear so that is when I will get shoes also. So I am pretty much open to all suggestions on gear.

Originally posted by Specialized27
I am getting a Specialized allez sport 27 in about a week. Along with all my gear so that is when I will get shoes also. So I am pretty much open to all suggestions on gear.

I just recently purchased LOOK PP357's pedals for my Bianchi, along with a shoe upgrade to SIDI Genius 4 (Lorica).

I have owned a previous pair of LOOK pedals for 6 years and never had a problem. The Sidi shoes are my first pair and they are great. If I have to do it all over again, I would choose these two items again.

Originally posted by EastCoast
I just recently purchased LOOK PP357's pedals for my Bianchi, along with a shoe upgrade to SIDI Genius 4 (Lorica).

I have owned a previous pair of LOOK pedals for 6 years and never had a problem. The Sidi shoes are my first pair and they are great. If I have to do it all over again, I would choose these two items again.

Speed Plays are nice, lot's of Float easy on the Knee's although they are very sensitive to Dirt so get covers :)

I use Speedplay X2
x2sm.jpg

also look at the cheaper Eggbeaters
crank_bros_egg_beater_pedals.gif

and Sidi Genius or Energy shoes are v. good...