Calorie Count on Polar S-720

HarryS

Jul 16, 2003
I am using the S-720 polar with power option on my bike. In order to track and graph my indooor trainer workouts seperately from those cycling outdoors I created a new Sport called Trainer as it has default sports for running swimming & cycling only. When I import my exersise data from the watch into the software, all values transfer fine including the calorie count estimated by the heart rate monitor. The moment I change the exersize in the daily diary entry from cycling to trainer, the calorie count drops by about 40%. When I toggle back to cycling it does not change back however. What's going on here? I have no idea where the software takes these values and how it recalculates to some other calory value. The value reported by the heart rate monitor is about 20% under what the power meter suggests. The changed value is less than 50% of that. Any thoughs? Thanks in advance.

I've noticed the same issues.

On the website, the difference was attributed to the parameters on the watch (ie. weight) being different than the parameters in the software.