Camping and Driving in Pyrenees

Cod

Nov 8, 2005
Hi:
Can anyone recommend a good campsite near Argeles-Gazost please? 4 of us from Cork, Ireland are heading to the Pyrenees to have a go at some of the cols, (Tourmalet, Aspin, Aubisquet etc)

We're looking for a bike-friendly campsite, for a week at the end of May.

Has anyone driven from Roscoff to Lourdes area, in a motorhome? If you have any tips or advice please send them in.

Thanks

Cod said:
Hi:
Can anyone recommend a good campsite near Argeles-Gazost please? 4 of us from Cork, Ireland are heading to the Pyrenees to have a go at some of the cols, (Tourmalet, Aspin, Aubisquet etc)

We're looking for a bike-friendly campsite, for a week at the end of May.

Has anyone driven from Roscoff to Lourdes area, in a motorhome? If you have any tips or advice please send them in.

Thanks
Hi,
There are many sites in and around the Argeles area, although I don't know them personally.
However, if you are interested, we offer camping as part of aur services. We are a cycling holidays centre based in the Vallee de la Neste, just 10 miles from the foot of the Aspin. Please look at our website - www.pleinairpyrenees.com for details.
Thank You

Thanks for the info, we'll be there next week. I have to drive from Roscoff, do you think its possible to do that in a camper van (motorhome) in one day? The ferry gets in at 8:00 AM.
Thanks
Chris

Cod said:
Thanks for the info, we'll be there next week. I have to drive from Roscoff, do you think its possible to do that in a camper van (motorhome) in one day? The ferry gets in at 8:00 AM.
Thanks
Chris
Hi Chris,
Not sure about Roscoff, but we can make it here from the northern channel ferry ports in 12 hours. That's including comfort, refreshement and meal stops.
Please contact us direct via our website about your arrival date and I'll give you a more detailed response.
Cheers.
IAN

Thanks for the info, can you tell me if the cols are open at the moment, i.e. Tourmalet and Aubisque? I'm getting conflicting reports from different websites.

Cod said:
Thanks for the info, can you tell me if the cols are open at the moment, i.e. Tourmalet and Aubisque? I'm getting conflicting reports from different websites.
Hi,
Sorry for the delay.
I've contacted the relevant tourist offices and both the Tourmalet and the Aubisque are now open.
Cheers.
IAN