Campy G3 spoke pattern

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Richard, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    I am interested in buying Campy Scirocco wheels with the G3 pattern, (attracted by their design,
    have to admit) what I am wondering is are they easy in (re-)truing if needed as normal evenly spoked
    rims that I have experience with?

    Thanks for your sharing your experience, Richard

    Tags:

  2. rihodi-<< what I am wondering is are they easy in (re-)truing if needed as normal evenly spoked rims
    that I have experience with? >

    Any paired spoke wheel, whether they be two or three, will have a heavier rim but you will see on a
    truing stand where the place that needs to be moved left or right is between the bunched spokes and
    no amount of pulling or loosening the closest spokes will make it as true as a more normal wheel.

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    I think you're telling me I would be better off with more conventional spoke patterns :) I like my
    wheels to be fairly true Thanks, Richard

    news:<[email protected]>...