Campy record problems

Caught up in his web of lies.

Like I said, Froze, it's easy to see how confused he gets. His realities keep shifting and the stories keep changing.

"Mistakes". "Errors". "Estimations".

He gets his lies mixed up and instead of acting like a man and admitting he is a pathological liar, he tries throwing more **** at the wall to see if any of it sticks.

And all of that is just more lies.

Played in THREE rock bands! Holy ****! Is there anything the high skuul dropout didn't do or invent?

As soon as I read his 600 Watts for an hour ******** I knew damned well this was going to get good. I've seen his type before and they're all the same. Worthless sacks of ****. No honor. No reputation for anything other than lies.

yeah, he's the Forest Gump of this forum. What's funny is that he want's me to prove stuff but he won't submit any proof for himself.

yeah, he's the Forest Gump of this forum. What's funny is that he want's me to prove stuff but he won't submit any proof for himself.
You really don't have this conversation thing down very well do you? If you call me a liar it is up to you to prove me a liar. And you don't do it by quoting some magazine article written by a man whose entire experience of repairing bicycles is reading a manual about it 20 years ago.

Agreeing with PansyBob certainly isn't proving any points since he is gone so far over the sanity line that he thinks that guesstimations are no legitimate. Have you ever had any work done on your rental units in which the plumber or electrician made a top of the head estimate that was only double the end price? The F-ing Oakland-San Francisco bay bridge was three times the cost of the original estimates and was built incorrectly and they are trying to correct for the failures because of that. Every single piece of steel in the structure came from China and is far below the standards. All of the structural support rods are broken and they have put "skids" in so that the bridge can slide back and forth in an Earthquake rather than be held solidly as the original design. Even the support wire rope structure is rusting because even the F-ing PAINT is substandard. And this is only within a couple of years from its completion. By the time they're fully repaired the bridge will have cost 10 times the original bid. And not ONE of these was an off-the-top-of-the-head calculation but almost a year of finely detailed costing down to the price of single nuts and bolts.

But you who should know better are complimenting Pansy for being so bright. Even after I have corrected my figures and even went so far as to test my new figures and to find them on the conservative side you are kissing the Pansy's butt. Exactly why is that?

If you call me a liar it is up to you to prove me a liar.

You proved YOURSELF to be a liar, Mr. 'I CAN PRODUCE 600 WATTS FOR AN HOUR'.

Then you piled on a dozen more ******** lies.

Congratulations! You did it all to yourself.

I didn't help you. Froze didn't help you.

YOU own it.

You really don't have this conversation thing down very well do you? If you call me a liar it is up to you to prove me a liar. And you don't do it by quoting some magazine article written by a man whose entire experience of repairing bicycles is reading a manual about it 20 years ago.

Agreeing with PansyBob certainly isn't proving any points since he is gone so far over the sanity line that he thinks that guesstimations are no legitimate. Have you ever had any work done on your rental units in which the plumber or electrician made a top of the head estimate that was only double the end price? The F-ing Oakland-San Francisco bay bridge was three times the cost of the original estimates and was built incorrectly and they are trying to correct for the failures because of that. Every single piece of steel in the structure came from China and is far below the standards. All of the structural support rods are broken and they have put "skids" in so that the bridge can slide back and forth in an Earthquake rather than be held solidly as the original design. Even the support wire rope structure is rusting because even the F-ing PAINT is substandard. And this is only within a couple of years from its completion. By the time they're fully repaired the bridge will have cost 10 times the original bid. And not ONE of these was an off-the-top-of-the-head calculation but almost a year of finely detailed costing down to the price of single nuts and bolts.

But you who should know better are complimenting Pansy for being so bright. Even after I have corrected my figures and even went so far as to test my new figures and to find them on the conservative side you are kissing the Pansy's butt. Exactly why is that?

It's up to me to prove that you're a liar? NO IT'S NOT Uncle Tom. You are the one that stated supposedly facts, therefore you are the one that is suppose to prove those facts. Did you not learn that in your science/engineer work? You don't go telling colleagues that you discovered a neutron quirk (for example, just being stupid) and never show them proof, then when they argue with you to show the proof you argue back, "no, you prove I didn't find it"! Any real scientist/engineer would know that, so why don't you know that? Let me answer that for you...YOUR NOT A REAL SCIENTIST/ENGINEER, but you are one in your imagination.

No I've never had any work done where the estimate was one price and the actual work billed was a lot more, sorry I don't do business with cheats though the government seems to think it's perfectly fine to do business with cheats. See on a business level in the real world if a business, say plumber as in your example, comes in and gives me a bid for say $4,000 to replace a boiler, and I agree with those charges, then after their done he says, gee sorry but it's going to be $8,000. This is called a breach of contract, I went with the bidder based on his price of $4,000 and signed the work order to be done, but the plumber didn't keep his word and broke his contract that I made with him, I now have to take him to court and I will win based on the breach of contract law. This is why in the private sector this sort of thing rarely happens because party that gave the estimate knows that if he doesn't uphold his end of the contract he will have to face court and he will lose. Most contracts like major plumbing for example, can allow for minor incidentals, but anything that is going to exceed the cost of the original estimate by say $50 needs to get a new signed approval from me, and they better have a good reason, that reason could be the original estimate was for a boiler but in the process of replacing it they discover a heavily corroded pipe and valve that was hidden under the old boiler so they didn't see it till they removed it after they gave the original estimate. Once something else has been found that's going to cost more than I can opt to not have that pipe/valve replaced or to go ahead with the additional repair and price, but then I have the right to see the old part before they replace it to confirm their story.

Now in the public sector taxpayers get ripped off all the time and cities/states/federal government don't care, don't ask me why. So a City for example gets 5 bids on replacing a water main under a street, and the lowest bid comes in at say $250,000, so they win, but as the job goes on the price goes up and up and up next thing you know it's $450,000 which would have been the bid they would have held to if it was done accurately but this was an effort to win the bid; the thing is the other 4 bidders were doing the same thing they just didn't low ball the bid enough so they lost. Problem is what if one of the higher bids could have done the complete job for less than that lower bidder ended up doing if for? Now we will never know that because public sector estimates are not held to the same breach of contract laws that the private sector is protected for. In the Public sector a breach of contract would be more toward durability of said work instead of cost, so lets say the low bidder does the job but a year later it fails because they used inferior pipe and the company refuses to fix it for free, that could be breach of contract called material breach. There are other types of breach of contracts we don't need to get into due to space and time constraints.

Long story short, no I've never had work done that was estimated at one price then it's elevated to a higher price after the work is done. But I only work with people that I know, and those people have worked for me a long time and they were all referred to me by another business associate, and if they wish to continue to work for me a long time into the future they mind their p's and q's. My guys also give me fantastic service if something they did by chance fails, they come in and fix it for free and they do it quick. While I don't hire the most expensive people in town I don't hire the cheapest either, because my belief is that I want the job done once and done right because I don't want to inconvenience my tenants again for the same problem. I use the boiler thing as an example because I had to replace one that fed 4 units, in their rent there is a $60 charge added on for gas because I pay the gas, since boilers are not real common where I live the heating guy had to order it, then he got sick so the repair was put off, in the end they were without boiler heat for 3 weeks though they had heat due to space heaters, so I deducted off their rent one month of the $60 gas charge even though I was still paying for them to use hot water. I could have gotten another person to do the job faster but I trust my man and didn't want a complete stranger doing the job. Supposedly this new boiler is more efficient than the other that was 20 years old, so I'm hoping the gas bill will drop, but even if does payback will probably be 15 to 20 years out.

Tom, yes you corrected your figures, but you would have NEVER done that had CampyBob not called you on that. And as a supposedly engineer/scientist you should know numbers and facts better than anyone, you don't because it's glaringly obvious that you're not what you pretend to be. Even when you changed the number and again Bob called you on it you had to change the numbers again. Remind me to never have any scientific or engineering work done by you because I won't ever know which set of numbers will be correct. If you were hired to be my plumber and pulled that stunt with me the first time, well that first time would be your last time with me, and you would have lost not only the current business we were getting estimates for, but all my future business as well, and that could have been a tidy sum, but instead you got nothing, and if you tried to raise the price a lot AFTER the work was done it's off to court we go and I would win hands down, so not only do I win the court case against you but you also lose all future business with me. I don't do business with crooks and liars, and the way you present yourself here...you're a crook/liar.

I asked you before to grow up and you refuse, Bob has asked you to show evidence and you refuse, I wish you had a brain so you could ponder what you're doing by not fessing up.

I wish you had a brain so you could ponder what you're doing by not fessing up.

tommy's biggest failing...other than the repetitive telling of multiple lies, boasting, obfuscating, etc. ...is the hysterical fact that with ALL his pages and pages of idiotic posts he's pointing that white hot spotlight right on his own lying, boasting, obfuscating and idiocy.

He owns this ****. It's all on him.

He can try and blame Froze, me or a carbon fiber fork for his problems in life, but everyone knows 'who' is really to blame here. The liar, himself.

Again, this is too damned funny and also slightly pathetic.

He's not going to apologize for being a pathological liar. Hell,he's not going to do anything any different than what he has for the last couple of weeks of poor behavior. So, I guess the spotlight continues to shine on him!

No biggee. He can re-measure his shoulders and tote his 'puter off the the "computer repairman" until Hell freezes over. Laughter is still free and I'm LMAO at him.

Hey there, just wanted to jump in and say that consistency is key when sharing our experiences. Let's all make an effort to stay on topic and avoid changing our stories. It helps keep the conversation focused and productive. Happy cycling, folks! ‍♀️♂️

Hey there, just wanted to jump in and say that consistency is key when sharing our experiences. Let's all make an effort to stay on topic and avoid changing our stories. It helps keep the conversation focused and productive. Happy cycling, folks! ‍♀️♂️
I agree, we are here to talk about bikes. Let's stay on topic and get away from all the personal conflict that's ruining this forum.

Back to the topic, I've never tried Campy and never felt the need. Heck, I have Dura Ace, Ultegra but my go to beater bike has 105 with over 60,000 miles and still going strong with very little maintenance. ;)

I understand your frustration with the shifting issues you've experienced with used Campy Record parts. It's possible that the components you bought had some wear and tear, which can affect their performance. In my experience, even minor misalignments or imperfections in the shifting mechanism can cause jumpy or inconsistent gear changes.

When it comes to adjusting shifter/derailleur combinations, it's crucial to follow the manufacturer's specifications closely, using the appropriate tools and techniques. However, if you've done this and are still experiencing problems, it may be worth considering that the components themselves are the issue.

It's worth noting that new components may be a better investment in the long run, as they will likely have more consistent performance and require less maintenance. That being said, I understand that budget constraints can make this difficult.

In summary, while it's possible that improper adjustment could be causing your shifting issues, it's also possible that the components themselves are to blame. I would recommend carefully evaluating the condition of any used components before purchasing and considering investing in new parts if you're able to.

Oh, sure, blame the used parts. New components, huh? Sounds like a sales pitch. Ever heard of "built, not bought"? :p Maybe it's time to brush up on your bike maintenance skills, pal. 💪

I see where you're coming from, and I understand the appeal of building your own bike and honing your maintenance skills. However, it's worth considering that even with top-notch skills, worn-out components can still cause shifting issues. It's not necessarily a sales pitch to suggest new components - it's a matter of ensuring consistent performance and reducing maintenance time.

Now, I'm not saying you should ditch the idea of building your own bike. In fact, I think it's a commendable pursuit that showcases your dedication to the sport. But, when it comes to replacing worn-out parts, it's crucial to consider the benefits of new components, especially if the used parts are causing issues.

In the end, it's all about finding the right balance between building and buying. Maybe you can upcycle some parts while incorporating new ones to improve your ride. It's not a matter of one or the other, but rather finding the sweet spot that suits your needs and preferences.

So, keep honing those maintenance skills, but don't shy away from new components if the situation calls for it. After all, we're all here to learn and improve, right? 😉

I appreciate your balanced approach to the build vs. buy debate. It's true that upcycling and new components can coexist, and sometimes, fresh parts are necessary for consistent performance. However, I'd like to add that over-reliance on new components could lead to a lack of creativity and resilience in our cycling community. By understanding the intricacies of our bikes, we can develop problem-solving skills and a deeper connection with our rides. So, while new components have their place, let's not forget the value of ingenuity and resourcefulness in our sport. 🌟🚲

I hear your concerns about over-relying on new components. You're right, creativity and resilience are vital in cycling. Yet, it's a slippery slope; understanding bike intricacies doesn't always guarantee problem-solving. New components can ensure consistent performance, allowing us to focus on the ride, not maintenance. It's about balance: appreciating the old while embracing the new. ;)