"bhanwara" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:"Jack H." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:"bhanwara" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:I happened to meet a person who became a paraplegic 13 years
ago in a diving accident. But he had recovered enough to be
able to walk by himself now, though he still needs crutches
most of the time.
He had used marijuana to keep himself happy despite his
accident. But I wondered if there was a causal
connection.
Nerual connections will grow when stimulated. A drug
like marijuana will modify neural activity, and
maybe it is possible that it could provide stimulation,
helping the lost connections grow.
Could therapy provided while the patient was "under the
influence" lead to recovery? (I don't mean marinol
type stuff, but something that provided actual
drug-impact causing "high"s, i.e. changed neural behavior.)
No over time though the brain and body can learn to form new neural
pathways to recover many if not all of lost motor skills.
That's kind of what I said, why are you adding "No"?
Quoted message said:I guess sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.
Has nothing to do with grass.
How do you know that? Grass does things to neurons,
Like causing them to fire randomly.
This is not the same as a concerted effort to get the body to build new
neural pathways over years of repetetive motion to restore muscular control
to a quadraplegic.
what grass does to neurons is akin to what a few drops of water inside your
distributor cap will do to your running engine.
Quoted message said:and doing things to neurons (in particular exicting them)
causes them to grow.
there is a difference between an excited neuron and an exercised neuron.
Quoted message said:So it's reasonable to assume
No it is not. It never is.
Quoted message said:that there is a relation. Just because people happen
to have particular prejudices against grass, doesn't mean
it doesn't have real effects. (If it didn't have
_real_ effects on the nervous system, it wouldn't
be on any schedules now, would it?)
Dude I am the last person to be prejudiced about grass.
ask ANY regular in alt.drugs.pot
I send seeds in the mail over seas, I send grass in the mail to peeps I have
never met because I know they will send money.
I have grown it on my fire escape in Astoria Queens in the great city of NY.
I love pot.
I don think it is a miracle drug but it has its uses.
Howm Grone J