Can Shimano Ultegra 10 speed work with triple crankset?

Bigbananabike

Dec 29, 2004
Hi.
I presume it can...only based on the 9 speed stuff doing the same - but what is the truth?
Cheers, Paul :)

Bigbananabike said:
Hi.
I presume it can...only based on the 9 speed stuff doing the same - but what is the truth?
Cheers, Paul :)

A 10-speed "what"? They make 10 speed triples. Not sure what you are asking, mate.

capwater said:
A 10-speed "what"? They make 10 speed triples. Not sure what you are asking, mate.
=============================================================
Yek, left the important bit out. 10 Speed Ultegra STI shifters - do these work with doubles and triples the way that the 9 speed shifters do?

Paul

Bigbananabike said:
=============================================================
Yek, left the important bit out. 10 Speed Ultegra STI shifters - do these work with doubles and triples the way that the 9 speed shifters do?

Paul
For 10-speeds, only the Ultegra "Triple" shifters will work on a triple crankset. My assumption is that since you don't have a triple crankset already...your bike was probably not outfitted the "Triple" shifters.

-dss

dsschanze said:
For 10-speeds, only the Ultegra "Triple" shifters will work on a triple crankset. My assumption is that since you don't have a triple crankset already...your bike was probably not outfitted the "Triple" shifters.

-dss
============================================================
Thanks.
I sold some I had to a guy who's got a triple set up. They're new - so not been used for either. I'd better refund him...

Would some 105 10 speeds work for the triple?