Cannondale F900

TC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been offered a 1999 model with a CAAD3 frame:
>
> http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/99/model-9FS9.html
>
> Anyone have any opinions on this bike? Apparently its not been ridden very much so is in good
> condition; how much is it worth paying?
>
> Thanks, TC

I don't know about the '99, but I had a '00 F1000 (CAAD4) that I really liked. IMO, the Coda stuff
is about equivelent to Diore in quality/ performance. I don't remember any Coda stuff that couldn't
be replaced with Shimano or any other after market company -- other than the fork -- the only fork
that will fit it is a Cannondale (another head shock or a lefty). The head shock was really nice --
stiff and responsive with a lock-out. You'll want to get a fork pump for it.

No idea what it's worth...

David

RE/
> I don't remember any Coda stuff that couldn't be replaced with Shimano or any other after market
> company -- other than the fork -- the only fork that will fit it is a Cannondale (another head
> shock or a lefty).

On my Jekyll, they've managed to equip it with four-bolt disk hubs instead of the standard six...
-----------------------
PeteCresswell

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:
> RE/
>
>>I don't remember any Coda stuff that couldn't be replaced with Shimano or any other after market
>>company -- other than the fork -- the only fork that will fit it is a Cannondale (another head
>>shock or a lefty).
>

> On my Jekyll, they've managed to equip it with four-bolt disk hubs instead of the standard six...
> -----------------------
> PeteCresswell

The '00 F1000 had standard V brakes so I'm assuming that the '99 F900 would also.

And, in late '01 or '02 , they went to a standard 6 bolt rotor (my late '00 or early '01 lefty still
has the 4 bolt -- which Hayes makes a rotor for because that's what I'm using).

David

David Kunz <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<JaQka.15911
> The '00 F1000 had standard V brakes so I'm assuming that the '99 F900 would also.

It has disk brakes which I'm not 100% keen on, probably because I'm scared of technology.... TC

TC wrote:
> David Kunz <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<JaQka.15911
>
>>The '00 F1000 had standard V brakes so I'm assuming that the '99 F900 would also.
>>

> It has disk brakes which I'm not 100% keen on, probably because I'm scared of technology....

The Coda disk brakes were nothing to brag about... I never ran 'em, but I was told that they were no
better than Vs (which are really quite good
:) -- just not as good as a good disc). Perhaps some EBC brake pads
would help 'em :) (Cambria lists them for $18.00).

I'm running Hayes mechanicals. I love 'em. I ran 'em on my F1000 when I upgraded it to a Lefty fork
and moved them to the Jekyll when I swapped frames to go full suspension. Hayes makes a rotor for
the Coda hubs (at least they did a couple of years ago when I got mine). They're inexpensive and
work very well. You'd also need to get V brake levers for the mechanicals or you could go hydro. SO,
if you don't like the Coda discs, you could switch to Hayes.

David