Carb Friendly Peanut Brittle

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Christa, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. Christa

    Christa Guest

    My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
    up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
    wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
    recipe? Thanks

    Christa

    Tags:

  2. Candy is how you got fat in the first place.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Christa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
    > up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
    > wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
    > recipe? Thanks
    >
    > Christa

  3. Glassman

    Glassman Guest

    "Christa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]ups.com...
    > My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
    > up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
    > wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
    > recipe? Thanks
    >
    > Christa

    Low Carb Creations makes Gourmet Soft Almond, Peanut, Hazelnut Brittles.
    Most of the LC net sellers have it. It's really good stuff.

    --
    JK Sinrod
    Sinrod Stained Glass Studios

  4. Steve Knight

    Steve Knight Guest

    On 7 Jan 2005 18:28:10 -0800, "Christa" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
    >up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
    >wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
    >recipe?

    well the problem is it is only sugar peanuts and butter really. so you can't
    really make the same thing low carb.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

  5. Steve Knight

    Steve Knight Guest

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:51:04 GMT, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Candy is how you got fat in the first place.
    >
    >--
    >Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    then there is you since you have trouble reading what was posted.
    sounds like you are a fat person that hates themselves.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

  6. Been speaking English long?

    --
    Now piss off. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "Steve Knight" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:51:04 GMT, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Candy is how you got fat in the first place.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    > then there is you since you have trouble reading what was posted.
    > sounds like you are a fat person that hates themselves.
    >
    > --
    > Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
    > Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices
    > See http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

  7. Luna

    Luna Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Christa" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
    > up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
    > wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
    > recipe? Thanks
    >
    > Christa

    Can't think of how it would work without sugar. There are sugar
    substitutes, but I don't think there are any that would have the glue-like
    quality of real sugar.

    Also, giving a food gift to someone who is trying to lose weight seems kind
    of . . . well, you know. Not so great. Plus, I mean, if she eats it, it's
    gone! Why not give her something she could keep forever?

    How's she been doing with low-carb? Has she lost a lot of weight? Maybe
    she'd like some new, smaller clothes, lol.

    --
    Michelle Levin
    http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

    I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only have 3 flaws.

  8. Christa <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
    > up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
    > wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
    > recipe? Thanks

    why on earth would you give candy to someone who you know is on a diet?
    what kind of friend are you?

  9. Christa

    Christa Guest

    Yes, she has lost a lot of weight and I have a couple well though out
    gifts, but she was just telling me tonight of this horrible craving she
    has been having for Peanut Brittle, I was just going to try to find a
    recipie for low carb peanut brittle if I could and stick it in her
    gift, so if she wanted to she coudl make it. I thought of what you
    said about not giving a food gift to a dieter after I posted it, but if
    the recipe is out there I would still like to give it to her...but I
    can see how if it is just sugar butter and peanuts that splenda
    probably would not make it set up the same. I really did not know what
    was in it because personally I hate it and don't ever eat it, must have
    something to do with breaking a braces bracket on it when I was a
    kid!:)

    Anyway, she is my inspiration because she lost all of this weight with
    low carb and I am really jealous so I am getting on the bandwagon for
    the first time. I lost 40 pounds a year ago by just cutting back on
    what I eat but I was so hungry and miserable that I cannot do that
    again, I have kept it off. When I started I was going to lose 80
    pounds, hit 40 and plateaued and then gave up...haven't gained any back
    but I want to wear the size 6 and 8 that she is wearing now. We were
    the same size in HS.

    Christa

  10. Learn how to quote properly.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Christa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Yes, she has lost a lot of weight and I have a couple well though out
    > gifts, but she was just telling me tonight of this horrible craving she
    > has been having for Peanut Brittle, I was just going to try to find a
    > recipie for low carb peanut brittle if I could and stick it in her
    > gift, so if she wanted to she coudl make it. I thought of what you
    > said about not giving a food gift to a dieter after I posted it, but if
    > the recipe is out there I would still like to give it to her...but I
    > can see how if it is just sugar butter and peanuts that splenda
    > probably would not make it set up the same. I really did not know what
    > was in it because personally I hate it and don't ever eat it, must have
    > something to do with breaking a braces bracket on it when I was a
    > kid!:)
    >
    > Anyway, she is my inspiration because she lost all of this weight with
    > low carb and I am really jealous so I am getting on the bandwagon for
    > the first time. I lost 40 pounds a year ago by just cutting back on
    > what I eat but I was so hungry and miserable that I cannot do that
    > again, I have kept it off. When I started I was going to lose 80
    > pounds, hit 40 and plateaued and then gave up...haven't gained any back
    > but I want to wear the size 6 and 8 that she is wearing now. We were
    > the same size in HS.
    >
    > Christa

  11. Bunky42

    Bunky42 Guest

    JC Der Koenig wrote:
    > Learn how to quote properly.

    Ok

    "Words, once they are printed, have a life of their own."

    Carol Burnett

  12. marengo

    marengo Guest

    "Christa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    || My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is
    || coming up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some
    || carbs, but I wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone
    || have this kind of a recipe? Thanks
    || Christa

    I was tempted to use The Queen of Cans and Jars' nasty Google link, but I
    decided to be nice.

    Here, I did all the hard work for you and entered "low carb peanut brittle
    recipe" in the search field in Google. Here are the 5,170 results that
    popped up in exactly .19 seconds:

    http://tinyurl.com/4mocb

    --
    Peter
    270/219/180

  13. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Steve Knight wrote:
    || On 7 Jan 2005 18:28:10 -0800, "Christa" <[email protected]> wrote:
    ||| My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is
    ||| coming up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some
    ||| carbs, but I wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone
    ||| have this kind of a recipe?
    || well the problem is it is only sugar peanuts and butter really. so
    || you can't really make the same thing low carb.

    Why?

  14. Steve Knight

    Steve Knight Guest

    >Why?

    there is really no sugar substitute that works just like sugar. to make a
    brittle you cook the sugar to a certain temp so when it cools it is a hard candy
    there is no fake sugars that will do that. atleast not ones consumers can get
    ahold of.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

  15. sprudil

    sprudil Guest

    "Christa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
    > up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
    > wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
    > recipe? Thanks
    >
    > Christa

    Use a regular recipe and substitute a sugar alcohol such as maltitol or
    diabetisweet (isomalt). It will give you the texture of sugar. Consider
    using a combination of sugar alcohol and splenda.

    Sid...