Carbon seat posts

soonercyclist93

Dec 27, 2003
USE ALIEN
vs
Easton 70-90
vs
Deda Black stick

I am looking to put a carbon seat post onto my Litespeed Classis.

Ive heard there are issues with the USE Alien in securing the saddle but not much else about the others.

I cant test them because no one has them around here.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Originally posted by soonercyclist93
USE ALIEN
vs
Easton 70-90
vs
Deda Black stick

I am looking to put a carbon seat post onto my Litespeed Classis.

Any suggestions?:confused:
Why? Ti has fewer issues,and aluminum is cheaper.

We both use the USE Aero Alien on the racing tandam and have had NO problems wot so ever with the saddle fixing or any other fixing for that matter!!!

I really DO recommend em'..............................

If Ya want one pm Me and I'll get Yer a price ;)

Originally posted by boudreaux
Why? Ti has fewer issues,and aluminum is cheaper.

boudreaux,
I am exploring options mainly. However, even with my Ti frame I do have some very rough roads around here and like to ride longer distances. Also I have just a bit of a lower back issue and every little bit helps having already adjusted position and recently a new saddle etc, etc.
I am not loaded with cash but am just exploring my options.

boudreaux,
I am exploring options mainly. However, even with my Ti frame I do have some very rough roads around here and like to ride longer distances. Also I have just a bit of a lower back issue and every little bit helps having already adjusted position and recently a new saddle etc, etc.
Get a cushier saddle,suspension seatpost, or a few less PSI in the tires. A CF post MIGHT soak up a few small vibs, but for rough stuff, it's just another seatpost.

boudreaux,
Have a u s e,a little tricky but u get use to it.I didnt notic much,if any difference but they look good.I have a bad back and went the to the other end,a different stem with more rise and it has helped.I dont need to be that aero.

Try a Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow saddle. 285 grams, Manganese rails.

I think the saddle is more important that the seat post.

well in Australia now there is The IKE HIPACT range of carbon products all at very easy prices. carbon seat posts and bas stem cranks even fames they are shied out by www.advancedtraders.com and there site is www.merida-bikes.com for instance i go my self a the full carbon bike but a carbon 105 stem 120gm $180 thats teh price of alloy and carbon 103 bars 190gm $200 now i know that easton are $600 for the same bar quilty ad same weight oh well tahts my 2 sexnts

Originally posted by Eidetic
Try a Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow saddle. 285 grams, Manganese rails.

I think the saddle is more important that the seat post.
Seats are a personal thing.Whats good for one,isnt for another.I got one and i didnt work for me,went with a koobi and its much better,for me.

Originally posted by shokhead1
Seats are a personal thing.Whats good for one,isnt for another.I got one and i didnt work for me,went with a koobi and its much better,for me.

Well I just ordered a Fizik Arione because of its Flex
technology hoping it will make a difference. I had a
really old Avocet that had worn out. I am trying to
hit it from more than one direction.