Casati???

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by guitarplyr2080, Sep 19, 2003.

1. guitarplyr2080

guitarplyr2080 New Member

I have run across a 2 year old Casati Monza frameset and was wondering if anyone has used this frame or other Casati frames? Can anyone give me any advice on this purchase? It comes with a 12cm ttt Forgie stem, Dura Ace splined bottom bracket, New Cane Creek s2 headset, and Look HSC straight blade all carbon fork. I can get it for $400. What does anyone think?? Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    Clark

Tags:

2. Ser pecora

Ser pecora New Member

Casati is a small artisan that creats wonderful bikes in Monza, the little town near Milan in Italy.
    Casati bikes are very fine craftworks, with some patented solutions like a very elegant integrated seatpost-clamp and frames with passing-trough cables.
    In italy casati bikes have a good quality-prices ratio.
    watch-it at http://www.ciclicasati.it/

3. guitarplyr2080

thanks for the info. i had done some research on the company on their website and they sounded good, but just wanted some more opinions. for $400, think it might be worth giving the frame a shot, expecially with the ($350 new) Look HSC carbon fork. thanks again....anyone else??

4. dhk

dhk New Member

www.ciclicasati.com works better from here. Bikes from the home of italian motor racing just have to be great!

Dan

5. guitarplyr2080

thanks for the help so far. the website doesn't help too much as the frame is not listed on their website. i have emailed the company, but nothing back from them yet. i've searched but not found too much information other than price and basic material.

6. guitarplyr2080

anyone else??

7. Casatirider

Casatirider New Member

I have a Casati Monza Steel frame that I bought from R&A Cycle in Brooklyn in 1992. My bike is equipped with Dura Ace 8 speed ( not STI though and Time Magnesium pedals. I love my bike today as much as I did 11 years ago. It has served me well and although I see other frames that I find interesting (Guru, for example) I see no reason to buy a new cycle. I am thinking of upgrading my Dura Ace shifting though

8. Casatirider

Casatirider New Member

Did you ever buy the Casati frame you were talking about in 2003 ? Would be interested in knowing how you like it