cassette question

B

Bikeella

i have a touring bike with 8sp campy chorus triple, 30,40,52. the cassette is 12-27. i want lower
gears for loaded touring. i bought a sram 13-32 , 8 spd cassette and put it on a shimano hub wheel.
it shift okay thru the gears except for the 30/ 30 and 30/32. it makes a lot of racket. it looks
like the chain is not centered on the pulleys or the pulleys look to close the the spokes or
something. i have tried all types of adjustments but just can't get it. it works fine in the middle
ring and largest cog. is the campy / shimano combination? the rear campy derailleur? can anyone give
some advice on this?

thanks

bikeella-<< i have a touring bike with 8sp campy chorus triple, 30,40,52. the cassette is 12-27. i
want lower gears for loaded touring. i bought a sram 13-32 , 8 spd cassette and put it on a shimano
hub wheel. it shift okay thru the gears except for the 30/ 30 and 30/32. it makes a lot of racket.
>><BR><BR>

I think the top pulley is hitting the cogs and the solution is to either screw the 'b limit' screw
all the way in(the little screw against a plate where the der screws into the frameset). If this
doesn't do it, you may need to take one link out of the chain, to rotate the rear der cage away from
the cogs. This may result in a too short chain tho, where big/big combos will result in a broken
chain. Another solution if this is the case is to get a modern long cage Campaggnolo rear der,
Really long cage.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"