CHAINRING replacement

goodone

Guest
Hi,
After I broke my left DURA ACE shifter in 2003, I only use big 53 ring
since then.

Although I bought a left shifter, I did not install it, the shifter is
still in my garage. Looks I need 53china ring and 9 speed cogset
only.

I replace dura ace 7701 chain every year, and cogset every two years,
and want to replace the big chain ring in this year.

Ask a question, if I only use the big ring, can I buy any chain ring
with 130bcd, for example TA SPECIALTIES TRACK CHAINRING - 130 BCD or I
have to use duraace 9 speed ring?

Thanks in advance.

> Ask a question, if I only use the big ring, can I buy any chain ring
> with 130bcd, for example TA SPECIALTIES TRACK CHAINRING - 130 BCD or I
> have to use duraace 9 speed ring?

If you're never going to shift the front (which sounds like the case), then
it really doesn't matter what you use, as long as it's narrow enough for the
chain. But a "track" chainring might be one of the few that might not be
appropriate, since many track chains are 1/8" width, with wider teeth on the
chainring.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"goodone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
> After I broke my left DURA ACE shifter in 2003, I only use big 53 ring
> since then.
>
> Although I bought a left shifter, I did not install it, the shifter is
> still in my garage. Looks I need 53china ring and 9 speed cogset
> only.
>
> I replace dura ace 7701 chain every year, and cogset every two years,
> and want to replace the big chain ring in this year.
>
> Ask a question, if I only use the big ring, can I buy any chain ring
> with 130bcd, for example TA SPECIALTIES TRACK CHAINRING - 130 BCD or I
> have to use duraace 9 speed ring?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Mike:

Thanks for your answer.

What is the width of dura ace 9 speed chainring?
Is there any chain width changes or chainring width changes from DA
9speed to 10speed?