cheapest bike computer for non-bike project please...

> > Actually I have it for sale. It's semi-busted... the cable broke off
the
> > mount and I've soldered it back 4 times. Computer itself is flawless... really the mount is all
> > that's needed.
>
> Yeah, good 'pooter, mounts suck grandpa farts.

I broke it due to my riding in a venerable jungle, with vines hanging from the trees. My barend
caught it and threw me like that 10-year-old girl threw Armstrong a couple days ago.

> Shaun aRe - on his second sigma mount (hey, onlycost me £2 for the replacement though....).

And where might I be able to find one of these? LBS (w/discount)? Every place I've looked at wants
as much as a new computer.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > > Actually I have it for sale. It's semi-busted... the cable broke off
> the
> > > mount and I've soldered it back 4 times. Computer itself is
flawless...
> > > really the mount is all that's needed.
> >
> > Yeah, good 'pooter, mounts suck grandpa farts.
>
> I broke it due to my riding in a venerable jungle, with vines hanging from the trees. My barend
> caught it and threw me like that 10-year-old girl threw Armstrong a couple days ago.

Huh - mine took a gentle knock from pavement and busted the plastic that the metal connector
stripis on.

> > Shaun aRe - on his second sigma mount (hey, only cost me £2 for the replacement though....).
>
> And where might I be able to find one of these? LBS (w/discount)? Every place I've looked at wants
> as much as a new computer.

I dunno - I went into the LBS, cos John said he's sort me out. He was out, so I told the young kid,
Mike, he fished around in back and presented one to me, complete with cable and sensor. Just said
'give us 2 quid for it', so, I
did.

Shaun aRe - Look for an LBS with Sigma display thingumies, see if they have any old mounts off one?