Cherry Pie Criterium

Frank P. Patter

Guest
Magnificant day! If a bit chilly in the morning; high 30s early, warming to the high 50s by
aftrenoon. Dry pavement, the category racers picked up anything from the road in their tires, clear
skies, no wind.

Steve Delaire, as usual won the overall in his fully faired rotator. Dean Pederson was next in his
Coyote. (correct me please, guys; I understand the Coyote is a Rotator design/creation) From here on
places became difficult without a score card. Doing well despite an untoward start was Orin McCurrey
(sp? sorry Orin) in his fully faired dual 700 Rotator. I think there was another fully faired entry.
By the way, there were about 18 starters, most I've seen in my few years. There were several
versions of body sox. Bruce DeBell may have won that division. Peter Borenstadt won the partial
faired/tailbox division on his personally built dual 700. Included on his bike were a few very cool
looking elements of streamlining which don't stretch any rules but make a lot of sense. In the stock
class were many of the local usuals, led by Zach Kaplan on his Bachetta. Derek (cheers) did, as
always, very well on his Bachetta. There were a lot of Bachettas in attendance, congrats Rich Pinto.

With regrets, I don't know more of the participants. Happily there were a lot of new faces scattered
throughout the field. These new ones provided challenges at most levels of performance, it seemed.

Corrections to follow by others and hopefully a correct, complete list of finishers.

Haluzak Hybrid Race the lizard

(correct me please, guys; I
> understand the Coyote is a Rotator design/creation)

You are correct, Steve built the Coyote! He built the bike without the use of any plans or
drawings! The guy can literally see something in his head and make it a reality. I have met very
few craftsmen with his fabrication skills. I have never met anyone who loves to race as much as he
does and it shows!!!

3rd place in "fully streamlined" was Jamiel Danesh on a socked Ti-Rush.

Personaly I think it is silly to put any sort of softshell in the same category as a hardshell. I
like the HPRA classes myself.

Funny you should mention the profusion of Bacheta's, as Jamiel was chased by Bachetta's co-
conspirator John Schlitter <S?> for an impressive 1st place "unstreamlined" on his Aero.

Gabe

news.ops.worldnet.att.net...