Cinelli 66 handlebar? Where can I get? ...

davidd86

Nov 29, 2004
Where can I purchase a Cinelli 66-44 handlebar, 26.0, double-grooved? They stopped making these plain old non-anatomic ones any more for some reason, and having tried many many many bars throughout the years, this is by far my favorite model. The combination of deep drop and short reach is just exactly right for me. The Nitto and TTT non-ergo bars have far too much reach -- of course you just use a shorter stem to get the hoods in the right place, but then the straight top, which I use a lot for climbing, is too close.

It has nothing to do with being retro or whatever; I could care less; I just want to go as fast as possible and I can with these!

Any clues as to where I can get a set much appreciated.

davidd86 said:
Where can I purchase a Cinelli 66-44 handlebar, 26.0, double-grooved? They stopped making these plain old non-anatomic ones any more for some reason, and having tried many many many bars throughout the years, this is by far my favorite model. The combination of deep drop and short reach is just exactly right for me. The Nitto and TTT non-ergo bars have far too much reach -- of course you just use a shorter stem to get the hoods in the right place, but then the straight top, which I use a lot for climbing, is too close.

It has nothing to do with being retro or whatever; I could care less; I just want to go as fast as possible and I can with these!

Any clues as to where I can get a set much appreciated.

I amy have one at home I will check tonight and get back to you.

davidd86 said:
>

That's super; I really appreciate it. /David

The bar I have is a Cinelli 66 42 width from early 90's. There are no grooves in the bar. I had it on a tenth year anniversity Eddy that I have. If you are interested in it. Send me a private message.

I think that the only stem diameter Cinelli made for that bar is 26.4mm so you will have to get an old cinelli stem too. 26.4 clamping diameter won't work with 26.0 stems.

Nope, they made them with 26.0 over the last 2-3 years of their production.

pudster said:
I think that the only stem diameter Cinelli made for that bar is 26.4mm so you will have to get an old cinelli stem too. 26.4 clamping diameter won't work with 26.0 stems.