Cipolini frames cracks

Originally Posted by poor service .

No photos. But at the bike shop while they've just discovered its not the original frame. All the cable guides were left out the frame also!!! Poor service!!! The bike shop owner had to hand file ones from another frame
What do you mean its not the original frame???

ah one of you guys must know about frames...wheres the number please and how is it recognised. is it universal?

Serial number?

If so, what kind of frame do you have? Brand? Material?

Most better quality frames were and are serialized. The location varies. Look for the S/N on the bottom bracket shell area and the rear drop outs. Some manufacturers used the head tube or head tube lugs and at least two used the seat stay cluster lug.

With the newer carbon fiber frames the S/N can be located almost anywhere and it may be duplicated on one of the several bar code stickers applied to track the frame thru manufacturing, shipping and sales.

Not all frames were serialized, back in the day. If your frame is an inexpensive steel frame or even an older high end frame it may not have a S/N.

can you add to thread I started below..tells you everything I hope. if not, will reply there so can keep the info together.
just cut n paste please...I humbly request. I know you are probably busy ..its just so I don't lose track of where info is...easier if all together. only 13 posts so far but could get worse lol.