Tim McNamara said:In article <[email hidden]>,
still me said:On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 16:33:15 -0500, A Muzi <[email hidden]>
wrote:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I just sold my last handmade silk tire to a guy who noted that last
night's concert cost him, and companion, $260 each. Prices are
relative.Quoted message said:Agreed on the relativity, but concert prices are not a standard to
compare to. They have risen by leaps and bounds to satisfy the
endless greed of performers - and then they rise another 25-40% for
Ticketbastard fees on top.And now that ticket scalping has been legalized in Minnesota, you've
also got the scalper's profit margins added in there as they pretty much
buy up all the seats for the major shows.I remember seeing Jethro Tull for $6 at the St. Paul Civic Center in
1978. I think I paid $10 to see Rory Gallagher at the Park West in
Chicago in 1979.
According to the inflation calculator at westegg.com, $10 in 1979 is
$29.86 in "2006 dollars". Keep that in mind as you whine and complain.
Quoted message said:My wife took me to see David Bromberg and Angel Band
with Tony Rice and Peter Rowan a couple weeks ago for $42 each (no Tony
Rice, though, as he was recovering from a back injury sustained in an
accident).