Coker Brakes?

billham wrote:
> *I just ordered a Big Cheese linear brake plate for my coker to add a
> brake. It looks similar to the Rad V brake mount that unicylce.com
> used to sell. I will post more info once i get it and install it.
> I'm probably going to install a basic V brake.
>
> Took my first ride on the coker last night, about 10+ miles. I went
> with my wife and my daughter who were on their bikes. Fun, fun, fun.
> I'll post some ride thoughts later. I gotta go eat supper and go back
> out for a family ride again.
>
> See my gallery for a few boring pics. I'll post upgrade pics in the
> future.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/63ave
>
> So should I plan for a metric or full century this fall? I think I
> will be getting sucked into this distance riding. Too much fun!
>
> Bill
>
> Bill *

Bill, I also have the Big Cheese and got it from unicycle.com They
have these in stock, but are reluctant to put them online since they
have been unable to find a V-Brake replacement for the odyssey that they
no longer make. I tried one type, but the top of it sticks out way too
far and hits the legs. If you find something that works w/o interfering
with pedaling let us know.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

We'll have to see what I can find for a brake. I hadn't thought about
the leg clearance. What part of the brake hits your leg? The very top
of it, where the cable connects?

Bill

--
billham

It's better to be thought a fool, than to say something and remove all
doubt.
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

billham wrote:
> *I can see how the Odyssey bends in toward the middle. *

yep,thats what makes the A-Brake so svelt for unicycles....

oh and earlier in this thread i offered my A-Brake for sale. no one
responded to that so ive just desided to "keep it in the quiver"

--
jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/albup23/fc_1.jpg]

-Forget_Your_Life-

I went to my favorite LBS today and they are going to try to locate an
Odyssey A brake. It's still listed in a recent catalogue they have from
QBP. They will check with some other distributors if it's not
available from QBP. I hope, I hope, I hope.....

I'll let you know what they find, if anything.

Bill