Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Competitive Sportmans-ship!

Started by MikeyOz · · Last activity · 19 posts · 1,236 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
23 February 2006
Last activity
24 February 2006
Original author
MikeyOz
Posts
19
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,236
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–19 of 19
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Was at my LBS this morning, waiting for a new cluster to be put on my bike, anyway noticed 2 obviously sponsored cyclists decked in the bike shop clothes, staying noticeably away from each other.

    One of them grabs his bike and starts to head out passing the other cyclist standing there watching a Tour De France video, the conversation as I heard it;

    Cyclist 1; "Hey <insert any name here>, hows it going *pats him on shoulder* ?"

    Cyclist 2; "Don't touch me and just don't fcuking talk to me ok."

    Cyclist 1; Pauses and continues to walk past, then stops.
    Cyclist 1; "Whats wrong with you, are you pi**ed off because I draughted you and then passed you to win **** race"

    Cyclist 2; "Deafening silence"

    Cyclist 1; "Mounts bike and heads out of shop"

    *laugh* had to wait for real laughter until I got out of the shop though, I think he might have gone me if I started laughing in the shop.

  2. MikeyOz said:

    Cyclist 2; "Don't touch me and just don't fcuking talk to me ok."

    Cyclist 1; Pauses and continues to walk past, then stops.
    Cyclist 1; "Whats wrong with you, are you pi**ed off because I draughted you and then passed you to win **** race"

    Cyclist 2; "Deafening silence"

    Ah sh!t, that literally had me standing on my head laughing. Witnessed a similar tanty years ago early one morning outside a Garden City takeaway. Luckily I was standing with a workmate, so we felt safe enough to laugh.. :p

  3. MikeyOz said:

    Was at my LBS this morning, waiting for a new cluster to be put on my
    bike, anyway noticed 2 obviously sponsored cyclists decked in the bike
    shop clothes, staying noticeably away from each other.

    Richmond Cyclery or CBD Cycles? 🙂

  4. MikeyOz said:


    Cyclist 2; "Don't touch me and just don't fcuking talk to me ok."

    Cyclist 1; Pauses and continues to walk past, then stops.
    Cyclist 1; "Whats wrong with you, are you pi**ed off because I draughted you and then passed you to win **** race"

    teh ghey... to be so 'pro' that they act un-Australian...

    This wasnt in the K-mart bike dept was it? Sounds like there was some Huffy drafting going on!

    cheers,
    GPL

  5. Bleve said:


    Richmond Cyclery or CBD Cycles? 🙂

    I put $5 on BikeNow...

  6. gplama said:

    I put $5 on BikeNow...


    was that a guess! or have i mentioned previously somewhere that BikeNow is my LBS, probably have....!

    I'm not giving you $5 though 🙂

  7. MikeyOz said:

    was that a guess! or have i mentioned previously somewhere that BikeNow is my LBS, probably have....!

    I'm not giving you $5 though 🙂

    no, I was "Cyclist 1"... only kidding.. few days ago I think you said you had BN do your dirty work...

  8. Hey, go easy. He was in the middle of watching the TDF afterall. :p

  9. and someone's [censored] cos he was dumbarse enuff to lead someone else out?
    Happy just to be 'there' to do that.

    The Agrade racing at Kew has been great recently. Lotsa attacks and choping-changing of the lead. Somehow the same faces attacking. getting caught and then attacking again. and some guy trailing along behind playing 'mascot' on blue and yello. always seems to be having mechanicals tho 😄😄😄

  10. On 2006-02-23, gplama (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    MikeyOz said:


    Cyclist 2; "Don't touch me and just don't fcuking talk to me ok."

    Cyclist 1; Pauses and continues to walk past, then stops.
    Cyclist 1; "Whats wrong with you, are you pi**ed off because I
    draughted you and then passed you to win **** race"

    teh ghey... to be so 'pro' that they act un-Australian...

    This wasnt in the K-mart bike dept was it? Sounds like there was some
    Huffy drafting going on!

    So mean, so mean.

    I got up this morning at the disgusting hour of 0700, and heard a very
    groggy version of the news. I did manage to make out that someone
    from some norwegian team in the something olympics gave the canadian
    girl a stick when her stick broke on the downhill. The cadadian girl
    ended up getting silver. So someone from Canadia donated 8000 tins of
    maple syrup to norway. Sweeet!

    --
    TimC
    "If geiger counter does not click, the coffee, she is just not thick."
    -- Pitr Dubovich, User Friendly

  11. MikeyOz said:
    gplama said:

    I put $5 on BikeNow...


    was that a guess! or have i mentioned previously somewhere that
    BikeNow is my LBS, probably have....!

    Cogsgirls thread I think
    --
    Cheers | ~~ __@
    Euan | ~~ _-\<,
    Melbourne, Australia | ~ (*)/ (*)

  12. TimC wrote:
    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    I got up this morning at the disgusting hour of 0700, and heard a very
    groggy version of the news. I did manage to make out that someone
    from some norwegian team in the something olympics gave the canadian
    girl a stick when her stick broke on the downhill. The cadadian girl
    ended up getting silver. So someone from Canadia donated 8000 tins of
    maple syrup to norway. Sweeet!

    That's so cool!

    Tam

  13. TimC said:

    On 2006-02-23, gplama (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    MikeyOz said:


    Cyclist 2; "Don't touch me and just don't fcuking talk to me ok."

    Cyclist 1; Pauses and continues to walk past, then stops.
    Cyclist 1; "Whats wrong with you, are you pi**ed off because I
    draughted you and then passed you to win **** race"

    teh ghey... to be so 'pro' that they act un-Australian...

    This wasnt in the K-mart bike dept was it? Sounds like there was some
    Huffy drafting going on!

    So mean, so mean.

    I got up this morning at the disgusting hour of 0700, and heard a very
    groggy version of the news. I did manage to make out that someone
    from some norwegian team in the something olympics gave the canadian
    girl a stick when her stick broke on the downhill. The cadadian girl
    ended up getting silver. So someone from Canadia donated 8000 tins of
    maple syrup to norway. Sweeet!

    --
    TimC
    "If geiger counter does not click, the coffee, she is just not thick."
    -- Pitr Dubovich, User Friendly


    ohhhh my god... mayple syrup on sardines.... I would not put it past though crazy nordic folk either.....

  14. MikeyOz said:

    ohhhh my god... mayple syrup on sardines.... I would not put it past though crazy nordic folk either.....

    mmmmm. herrings. idd i mentionthe street herring (and fritas and mayo) stalls in HamsterJam? yummy. No really.

  15. flyingdutch said:

    mmmmm. herrings. idd i mentionthe street herring (and fritas and mayo) stalls in HamsterJam? yummy. No really.

    oh god ya, herrings would be even worst again!

  16. MikeyOz said:

    oh god ya, herrings would be even worst again!

    roll-mops...yummmmm mit beer

    SteveA

  17. SteveA said:

    roll-mops...yummmmm mit beer

    Both of which are sitting in my fridge at home. Feet up in front of a
    decent DVD tonight I think 😄

    Graeme

  18. quote='Graeme Dods'On Fri said:

    roll-mops...yummmmm mit beer

    Both of which are sitting in my fridge at home. Feet up in front of a
    decent DVD tonight I think 😄

    Graeme[/QUOTE]
    There is a certain game of rugby that requires my attendance in Perth tonight. I may have a couple of beers or even rum and cokes. Roll mops will have to be later.

    In all my travels, I have never knocked back food (fried scorpions, cicada kebabs, bull's pizzle, yak steak and chips etc) except for rotten croc eggs in the Gulf of Carpentaria. I couldn't even stay in the shed when the old Aboriginal blokes knocked the tops off the eggs and ate them.

    SteveA

  19. "MikeyOz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    flyingdutch said:

    mmmmm. herrings. idd i mentionthe street herring (and fritas and mayo)
    stalls in HamsterJam? yummy. No really.

    oh god ya, herrings would be even worst again!

    Herring I could almost see. Lutefisk on the other hand...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.