Computer for my Bacchetta Aero



S

Scoot

Guest
Hey everyone, hope all is well in the "bent world" of the bent rider.

I'm looking to add a new computer to my Aero. I currently have your
standard run of the mill Catseye, the kind that gives miles and
speeed, including average speed. But need to add another one. I've
entered into next months Katy Flatland, the MS150 in Oct, and am
looking at a couple of other rides in August. Also, for my 50th
birthday in
October, I'm returning to Houghton Lake, MI so I can ride around the
lake to celebrate reaching 50. It's about a 65 mile ride. I used to
ride it occasionally as a kid growing up, and have ridden it twice
since leaving the town in the late 70's when I visited on vacations.
Also, depending on recovery, I'd like to also ride from Tawas City to
Manistee, MI a few days later. It's a ride of about 175 miles. But,
to do so, I need to actually do some serious training rather than
my "let's jump on the bike, ride a long time, push myself to the
limit, then be comatose for a week because I rode 80 miles on an
empty stomach, stopping only at the Shell station to get some energy
bars when I needed a nibble." To that end, I'd like to add a
computer with the rear wheel cadence included. I have a wireless one
on my Trek Roadie, (which is is attached to the trainer in the living
room). It would be nice to have on the Aero. Any suggestions or
recomendations would be appreciated. In return, I promise to keep
my posts much shorter in the future. Except when I write about the
rides in Oct. I do for my 50th.

Scoot
Soli Deo Gloria
 
S

Scoot

Guest
Scoot wrote:
[snipped the body]
> Scoot
> Soli Deo Gloria


Another five minutes of research and I would have had the answer to my
question. The answer, for the curious, is NO...

Thanks for reading....

Scoot
Soli Deo Gloria
 
F

Freewheeling

Guest
Scoot wrote:
> Scoot wrote:
> [snipped the body]
>> Scoot
>> Soli Deo Gloria

>
> Another five minutes of research and I would have had the answer to my
> question. The answer, for the curious, is NO...
>
> Thanks for reading....
>
> Scoot
> Soli Deo Gloria
>

Why don't you just get another Cateye? Don't they have one with
cadence? I thought the Midi, or Midy or something had cadence? I think
you'd have to order the sensor kit for tandems, if your bike is anything
like a typical recumbent. Last I heard it'd run about $35 for the whole
setup.
 
Z

Zebee Johnstone

Guest
In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on 23 Jun 2006 19:34:17 -0700
Scoot <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey everyone, hope all is well in the "bent world" of the bent rider.
> computer with the rear wheel cadence included. I have a wireless one
> on my Trek Roadie, (which is is attached to the trainer in the living
> room). It would be nice to have on the Aero. Any suggestions or


Never found a wireless suitable for a bent, but I have a Sigma cadence
on my Giro 20 which works fine. I mount the cadence sensor via the
front derailleur mount. It's currently on a bit of rubber to get it
close enough to the magnet on the pedals, which will eventually be
repalced with a bracket made of ally strip.

No idea what "rear wheel cadence" is, cadence is usually about pedals,
not wheels!

Zebee
 
S

Scoot

Guest
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
>
> No idea what "rear wheel cadence" is, cadence is usually about pedals,
> not wheels!
>
> Zebee


It was a poor choice of words on my part, as well as a slight
misinterpretation as to how cadence is measured. It is of course based
on pedals, and not rear wheel. DOH!!!!!!

I am looking at a good alternative to rig a cadence "puter" to the
bent...I've been give a fair amount of good advice as to how to
accomplish the task...

Thanks for your help...

Scoot
SDG
 
V

Victor Kan

Guest
Scoot wrote:
> Zebee Johnstone wrote:
>>No idea what "rear wheel cadence" is, cadence is usually about pedals,
>>not wheels!

> It was a poor choice of words on my part, as well as a slight
> misinterpretation as to how cadence is measured. It is of course based
> on pedals, and not rear wheel. DOH!!!!!!


However, some computers do combine a rear wheel sensor and a cadence
sensor in a common unit, so "rear wheel cadence" makes sense in that
situation, though it'd be useless for a recumbent unless it had a 1:1
mid-drive that was very close to the rear wheel :).

--
I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.