Congratulations Sastre & CSC

Hitchy

Jan 26, 2004
Congratulations To carlos & his team on a well deserved TDF win. CSC had easily the strongest team & executed their plan to win the tour perfectly. Cadel did another fine effort, especially given the lack of suuport from his team, which I'm sure would be disappointing for all that hoped he could take the next step up the podium. Ultimately, he failed to produce the TT he needed, but using that as the reason he didn't win, would be to take away from Sastre's magnificent effort & CSC's 'master plan'...well done Riis

Roll on 2009 when matty Lloyd will surely win Le tour! :D

Hitchy said:
Congratulations To carlos & his team on a well deserved TDF win. CSC had easily the strongest team & executed their plan to win the tour perfectly. Cadel did another fine effort, especially given the lack of suuport from his team, which I'm sure would be disappointing for all that hoped he could take the next step up the podium. Ultimately, he failed to produce the TT he needed, but using that as the reason he didn't win, would be to take away from Sastre's magnificent effort & CSC's 'master plan'...well done Riis

Roll on 2009 when matty Lloyd will surely win Le tour! :D
lol

so what about this (proTour) Australian team that was talked about for next year. Is that still in the works? Was Evans ever mentioned as a rider for the team?

He needs a home where he'll be loved and where he'll be shielded a bit from the pressure.

earth_dweller said:
so what about this (proTour) Australian team that was talked about for next year. Is that still in the works? Was Evans ever mentioned as a rider for the team?

He needs a home where he'll be loved and where he'll be shielded a bit from the pressure.

I'm not sure that it'll ever get up...nice thought, but the only people that are really getting excited about the concept haven't really considered it properly...I think it will needs some existing infrastructure, maybe expand the Drapac or SA teams...there's no way that we'll end up with all the *stars* on one team...1/ they couldn't afford 'em all, 2/ too many ego's & 3/ half of 'em hate each others guts anyway :D

For cadel to win a GT, he does need to change to a team that is GT oriented, rather than 1 day classics, which is all the 'belgies' are really interested in. There's no doubt being on a **** GT team cost him the tour this year...but saying that would be taking away from CSC & Sastre's efforts...they were awesome

I strongly second the congrats to Carlos Sastre! The media (i.e. Versus) all but ignores him and focuses only on their good-for-marketing "darlings"...no spotlights, no background stories, no pre-race interviews, etc...talk about total disrespect IMO...

tonyzackery said:
I strongly second the congrats to Carlos Sastre! The media (i.e. Versus) all but ignores him and focuses only on their good-for-marketing "darlings"...no spotlights, no background stories, no pre-race interviews, etc...talk about total disrespect IMO...
He has darker skin than the rest.