Coppi, Bartali and The Stallion

B. Lafferty

Guest
News From The Beyond:

Coppi finally ran into Bartali in Heaven yesterday. They we both seen
smirking at news reports that Lance Armstrong was upset that French
reporters were trying to go through his hotel trash.

"This stupid friend of Bush has no idea that you were going through my hotal
garbage and searching the road side for my throw away bottles, does he?"
said Fausto Coppi.

Bartali just smiled and invited Coppi to join him for an espresso in
Heaven's Bistro Pot Belge.

> News From The Beyond:
>
> Coppi finally ran into Bartali in Heaven yesterday. They we both seen
> smirking at news reports that Lance Armstrong was upset that French
> reporters were trying to go through his hotel trash.
>
> "This stupid friend of Bush has no idea that you were going through my

hotal
> garbage and searching the road side for my throw away bottles, does he?"
> said Fausto Coppi.
>
> Bartali just smiled and invited Coppi to join him for an espresso in
> Heaven's Bistro Pot Belge.

Good grief Brian, ok then, if you are going to post stuff like this then I
am going to start asking why Coppi and Bartali were greater then Merckx
again? Speaking of water bottles I think that was nice little piece they did
on water bottles where they had all those bottles up on the desk describing
how much fluids riders will intake in a day. Also I noticed Craig got it
right in his line of questioning of Lance. He asked two questions and they
were very precise and didn't waste Lances time. They weren't stupid
questions like Beth and Sam used to ask and they didn't made the mistake of
pestering Lance. Craig got it!

B-

"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > News From The Beyond:
> >
> > Coppi finally ran into Bartali in Heaven yesterday. They we both seen
> > smirking at news reports that Lance Armstrong was upset that French
> > reporters were trying to go through his hotel trash.
> >
> > "This stupid friend of Bush has no idea that you were going through my

> hotal
> > garbage and searching the road side for my throw away bottles, does he?"
> > said Fausto Coppi.
> >
> > Bartali just smiled and invited Coppi to join him for an espresso in
> > Heaven's Bistro Pot Belge.

> Good grief Brian, ok then, if you are going to post stuff like this then I
> am going to start asking why Coppi and Bartali were greater then Merckx
> again?

There's no issue here. Coppi had more class as a cyclist than either
Bartali or Merckx. Wasn't it Jacques Goddet who comfirmed that in a
statement a number of years ago?

Speaking of water bottles I think that was nice little piece they did
> on water bottles where they had all those bottles up on the desk

describing
> how much fluids riders will intake in a day. Also I noticed Craig got it
> right in his line of questioning of Lance. He asked two questions and they
> were very precise and didn't waste Lances time. They weren't stupid
> questions like Beth and Sam used to ask and they didn't made the mistake

of
> pestering Lance. Craig got it!
>
> B-

> "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > News From The Beyond:
> > >
> > > Coppi finally ran into Bartali in Heaven yesterday. They we both seen
> > > smirking at news reports that Lance Armstrong was upset that French
> > > reporters were trying to go through his hotel trash.
> > >
> > > "This stupid friend of Bush has no idea that you were going through my

> > hotal
> > > garbage and searching the road side for my throw away bottles, does

he?"
> > > said Fausto Coppi.
> > >
> > > Bartali just smiled and invited Coppi to join him for an espresso in
> > > Heaven's Bistro Pot Belge.

> > Good grief Brian, ok then, if you are going to post stuff like this then

> > am going to start asking why Coppi and Bartali were greater then Merckx
> > again?

> There's no issue here. Coppi had more class as a cyclist than either
> Bartali or Merckx. Wasn't it Jacques Goddet who comfirmed that in a
> statement a number of years ago?

Well then, your opinion on why Bartali is greater then Merckx? Same?

> Speaking of water bottles I think that was nice little piece they did
> > on water bottles where they had all those bottles up on the desk

> describing
> > how much fluids riders will intake in a day. Also I noticed Craig got it
> > right in his line of questioning of Lance. He asked two questions and

they
> > were very precise and didn't waste Lances time. They weren't stupid
> > questions like Beth and Sam used to ask and they didn't made the mistake

> of
> > pestering Lance. Craig got it!
> >
> > B-

"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

seen

my
> > > hotal

> he?"

> > > Good grief Brian, ok then, if you are going to post stuff like this

then
> > > am going to start asking why Coppi and Bartali were greater then

Merckx
> > > again?

> > There's no issue here. Coppi had more class as a cyclist than either
> > Bartali or Merckx. Wasn't it Jacques Goddet who comfirmed that in a
> > statement a number of years ago?

> Well then, your opinion on why Bartali is greater then Merckx? Same?

Not being a Bartali fan, I really can't speak to that. I will say that I
enjoy Bob Roll's impersonation of Bartali more than Merckx's impersonation
of himself, if that makes any sense.

> There's no issue here. Coppi had more class as a cyclist than either
> Bartali or Merckx. Wasn't it Jacques Goddet who comfirmed that in a
> statement a number of years ago?

And Daniel Morelon has more class than all three combined.