Coppi, Bartali and The Stallion

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    News From The Beyond:

    Coppi finally ran into Bartali in Heaven yesterday. They we both seen
    smirking at news reports that Lance Armstrong was upset that French
    reporters were trying to go through his hotel trash.

    "This stupid friend of Bush has no idea that you were going through my hotal
    garbage and searching the road side for my throw away bottles, does he?"
    said Fausto Coppi.

    Bartali just smiled and invited Coppi to join him for an espresso in
    Heaven's Bistro Pot Belge.

    Tags:

  2. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    > News From The Beyond:
    >
    > Coppi finally ran into Bartali in Heaven yesterday. They we both seen
    > smirking at news reports that Lance Armstrong was upset that French
    > reporters were trying to go through his hotel trash.
    >
    > "This stupid friend of Bush has no idea that you were going through my

    hotal
    > garbage and searching the road side for my throw away bottles, does he?"
    > said Fausto Coppi.
    >
    > Bartali just smiled and invited Coppi to join him for an espresso in
    > Heaven's Bistro Pot Belge.

    Good grief Brian, ok then, if you are going to post stuff like this then I
    am going to start asking why Coppi and Bartali were greater then Merckx
    again? Speaking of water bottles I think that was nice little piece they did
    on water bottles where they had all those bottles up on the desk describing
    how much fluids riders will intake in a day. Also I noticed Craig got it
    right in his line of questioning of Lance. He asked two questions and they
    were very precise and didn't waste Lances time. They weren't stupid
    questions like Beth and Sam used to ask and they didn't made the mistake of
    pestering Lance. Craig got it!

    B-

  3. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:[email protected]
    > > News From The Beyond:
    > >
    > > Coppi finally ran into Bartali in Heaven yesterday. They we both seen
    > > smirking at news reports that Lance Armstrong was upset that French
    > > reporters were trying to go through his hotel trash.
    > >
    > > "This stupid friend of Bush has no idea that you were going through my

    > hotal
    > > garbage and searching the road side for my throw away bottles, does he?"
    > > said Fausto Coppi.
    > >
    > > Bartali just smiled and invited Coppi to join him for an espresso in
    > > Heaven's Bistro Pot Belge.

    > Good grief Brian, ok then, if you are going to post stuff like this then I
    > am going to start asking why Coppi and Bartali were greater then Merckx
    > again?

    There's no issue here. Coppi had more class as a cyclist than either
    Bartali or Merckx. Wasn't it Jacques Goddet who comfirmed that in a
    statement a number of years ago?

    Speaking of water bottles I think that was nice little piece they did
    > on water bottles where they had all those bottles up on the desk

    describing
    > how much fluids riders will intake in a day. Also I noticed Craig got it
    > right in his line of questioning of Lance. He asked two questions and they
    > were very precise and didn't waste Lances time. They weren't stupid
    > questions like Beth and Sam used to ask and they didn't made the mistake

    of
    > pestering Lance. Craig got it!
    >
    > B-

  4. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > News From The Beyond:
    > > >
    > > > Coppi finally ran into Bartali in Heaven yesterday. They we both seen
    > > > smirking at news reports that Lance Armstrong was upset that French
    > > > reporters were trying to go through his hotel trash.
    > > >
    > > > "This stupid friend of Bush has no idea that you were going through my

    > > hotal
    > > > garbage and searching the road side for my throw away bottles, does

    he?"
    > > > said Fausto Coppi.
    > > >
    > > > Bartali just smiled and invited Coppi to join him for an espresso in
    > > > Heaven's Bistro Pot Belge.

    > > Good grief Brian, ok then, if you are going to post stuff like this then

    > > am going to start asking why Coppi and Bartali were greater then Merckx
    > > again?

    > There's no issue here. Coppi had more class as a cyclist than either
    > Bartali or Merckx. Wasn't it Jacques Goddet who comfirmed that in a
    > statement a number of years ago?

    Well then, your opinion on why Bartali is greater then Merckx? Same?

    > Speaking of water bottles I think that was nice little piece they did
    > > on water bottles where they had all those bottles up on the desk

    > describing
    > > how much fluids riders will intake in a day. Also I noticed Craig got it
    > > right in his line of questioning of Lance. He asked two questions and

    they
    > > were very precise and didn't waste Lances time. They weren't stupid
    > > questions like Beth and Sam used to ask and they didn't made the mistake

    > of
    > > pestering Lance. Craig got it!
    > >
    > > B-

  5. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > >
    > > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]

    seen

    my
    > > > hotal

    > he?"

    > > > Good grief Brian, ok then, if you are going to post stuff like this

    then
    > > > am going to start asking why Coppi and Bartali were greater then

    Merckx
    > > > again?

    > > There's no issue here. Coppi had more class as a cyclist than either
    > > Bartali or Merckx. Wasn't it Jacques Goddet who comfirmed that in a
    > > statement a number of years ago?

    > Well then, your opinion on why Bartali is greater then Merckx? Same?

    Not being a Bartali fan, I really can't speak to that. I will say that I
    enjoy Bob Roll's impersonation of Bartali more than Merckx's impersonation
    of himself, if that makes any sense.

  6. "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > There's no issue here. Coppi had more class as a cyclist than either
    > Bartali or Merckx. Wasn't it Jacques Goddet who comfirmed that in a
    > statement a number of years ago?

    And Daniel Morelon has more class than all three combined.